Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Wait, has VA never seen the DVD??

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Nope, never have! I have the CD and I've listened to it exactly twice. Long, sad, pathetic story that of course involves a man, because most long, sad, pathetic stories involve them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Long, sad, pathetic story that of course involves a man, because most long, sad, pathetic stories involve them.
    Hey now!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I don't think you will be thinking of said bad man when you are viewing the awesomeness of the DVD. Enjoy!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, MC, I actually did think of him. He's not a bad guy, just he and I never had the same feelings for each other at the same time, I guess, and it never went anywhere. But, he's a musician (rhythm guitar player, imagine that...), and he learned HOTM and did a very good job with it. It was a special song between us, and so listening tonight, on top of all the other baggage I have with this time period, I nearly turned it off. I will say that the "visual's" kept me from doing that! What a bunch of great looking guys!

Speaking of visuals, watching a non HD DVD on an HD TV makes them all look short and stout. There's probably a setting on my TV to keep that from happening, and I thought I already had it set. I guess I didn't. Perhaps next time I'll watch on my computer.

I guess because Glenn doesn't do any of the talking at the beginning, and it starts out with HC, the first time you really hear Glenn's voice is TS. So amazing, I just love his voice. I bet none of you knew that! Anyway, it actually brought tears to my eyes.

I'm glad I bought it, glad I watched it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah VA - I have that same problem with watching my some of my DVDs on my HD TV. I can't figure out how to fix it and no one I know seems to have the answer either. I was told you have to have a special cable, but I don't know if that's true. So if you figure it out, please let me know.

But back to HFO, I'm glad you finally watched it. It's good therapy!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

VA & Dreamer. We watch HFO on HD TV & don't have a problem. I asked Harold about it as he sets it up & is constantly moving our TVs. He asked if you have an HDMI cable & what brand of TV you have.

Thanks GL - Even though this is off-topic if we can diagnose the problem w/o too much effort, it may help others who are having a similar problem. Even though I don't have a clue, maybe the 'special' cable we need is the HDMI one. All I know is the one I currently have is from my old TV (not HD) and has the yellow, white, and red cables. BTW - my HD TV is an LG. (Good grief ... could there be any more acronyms in one sentence? )

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks GL - Even though this is off-topic if we can diagnose the problem w/o too much effort, it may help others who are having a similar problem. Even though I don't have a clue, maybe the 'special' cable we need is the HDMI one. All I know is the one I currently have is from my old TV (not HD) and has the yellow, white, and red cables. BTW - my HD TV is an LG. (Good grief ... could there be any more acronyms in one sentence? )
    The HDMI cable is used in place of the yellow, white & red one. You need the HDMI cable to get HD. You need it even to get true HD on your TV (on the HD channels. Do you have a Blu-Ray player? It upconverts the DVDs to close to Blu-Ray quality. Harold gave me this info & if it gets any more complicated I am going to get him to write the reply. LOL! He started to go on about settings. LOL!

At least I didn't introduce any new acronyms.

Thank you and Harold, GL. My TV picture is fine as long as I stay on the HD channels. But what Harold is saying is consistent with what others have told me. I just didn't know that the 'special' cable is called an HDMI cable. Now, when I go to Best Buy, I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about.