Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

@Magnolia-- He has that effect on me, too....

Pippin and Magnolia - I agree. Glenn looked sooooo good here.

I can only imagine how excited people were when this aired in 1994 (I was 8 years old and not aware of who the eagles were yet). I love watching this. Their harmonies sounded so perfect...their harmonies on Heart of the Matter and Help Me Through the Night in particular were heavenly.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, Glenn looked amazing at that point.

Happy 23rd Birthday to the Hell Freezes Over album. I can't believe its been 23 years.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, I can't either!

So glad they got back together then!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Wow - 23 years ! I remember when I heard they were re-uniting for the MTV show. I was so excited and shocked that hell had frozen over. They all looked really great during the HFO time period. I remember being shocked by how good looking Don F. was after he cleaned up and cut his hair. Glenn and Don def looked amazing then.

@ NKIT -- I was so glad, too! I'd seen the Take it Easy video with Travis Tritt, so I knew they were looking good, and I'd been so excited since that video, hoping it meant a reunion. I enjoyed the MTV show SO MUCH! They looked like they were having such a good time.

Border Desperado

This album and concert are really what got me into the Eagles. I had greatest hits 71-75, and knew the most popular, but not until I caught the HFO concert on VH1, during the "Eagles Family Tree" deal, did I get hooked. They showed HFO, South of Sunset marathon, Don Kirshner episodes, and I was a total fan.
    My mom and dad got me tickets to see the Eagles in Knoxville, on Jan 31, 1995.....I was blown away.
    I still say that they sounded best during this era.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Totally agree. I remember being excited when MTV debuted the TT video- they made a big deal about it. I also remember thinking how hot they all looked - lol .

I wonder if there should be a separate thread for the MTV show taping/broadcast. Anyway I’ll go ahead and pose my queries here.

For whatever reason, the HFO Special on MTV completely passed me by in 1994. Probably b/c I was watching less MTV by then. At some point I remember reading or watching the news and it was announced that the Eagles were reuniting and going on tour. That was when I learned they were officially getting back together. I remember thinking, ‘how cool’ but it never occurred to me to go see them. At that point they seemed more of an, umm, oldies act. (Of course looking back now that they are still performing at age 70, being in their 40s seems young, lol) Anyway, getting concert tix just wasn’t a priority for me, esp. after hearing about their sky-high ticket prices.

So, when did it actually become *official* that they were back together as a band?

1. 1993 the Travis Tritt video
    2. 4/25/94 the taping of the MTV special—perhaps word leaked out to the press
    3. 1994 the announcement of the tour-exactly when I don’t know; the first concert took place 5/27/94

I can see 1-2 happening without meaning that they were back together as a band; it could have all been a one-off. But then maybe they had gone ahead and announced they were back before the MTV taping.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...