Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

I've already said my favs from the "new" songs

but overall my favourites from HFO are
    The Last Resort
    Help me throught the night
    Wasted Time

I think favourites change with time and how you're feeling, that's why I could Never say for example, what my favourite 'all time' top 20 songs would be.....apart from maybe 'Man of the World' I just Love this song!!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Stuck on the Border

1. Get Over It: I consider this an absolute Eagles classic & I am disappointed that they dropped it so soon, even before I saw that tour. It absolutely rocks & the lyrics are great. The best part is how you can hear both Don & Glenn sing the title at equal level & Glenn echoing the 'let's kill all the lawyers' part (which probably to nobody's surprise is my favourite part of the song).

2. The Girl From Yesterday: I think my opinions on how Glenn was used in HFO are well known. So I cling to this, one of only three songs he sang that was broadcast. I was lucky enough to see it performed live & as such feel very sentimental about it. Lyrically, no, it isn't that great, but he oozes sensuality throughout.

3. Learn To Be Still: Horribly underrated. I understand why Soda thinks the lyric is a bit preachy but it is one of those songs which helps me if I am feeling down (particularly the last verse). I love the guitar parts; I think it has a strong melody which I find very tuneful. I also love how Don sings it because he doesn't over-dramatise it.

4. Love Will Keep Us Alive: Along with IDWTHAM I just feel annoyed that Frey/Henley seem to think Tim can only sing Paul Carrack ballads. The best I can say about it is that it works better live with Steuart playing. Tim does a good job but I'm afraid the lyrics are far too cliched for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

No doubt about it, Get Over It is my favorite of the new songs on this album. It totally rocks and Don is just so cute doing it.

I really love Learn To Be Still, too, although it's such a different song from GOI. The lyrics just touch my heart.

The Girl From Yesterday is next and I love Glenn's delivery. I wish he would put out a country album. He sings it beautifully.

I like Love Will Keep Us Alive, but agree it's a bit too cliched.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow, guess I'm in the minority with LWKUA as my fave of the new four. Not even TBF likes it best .
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

My favorite is Definitely Get Over it, Followed by Love Will Keep Us Alive. The Girl From Yesterday is Average IMO.

My ranking is in order of favorite to least favorite of the new songs:

Get Over It - This one is my favorite from the new songs that are on HFO. I love the upbeat rocking feel to it and the lyrics are great (after all, it is Don Henley! ) I wish they still played this one as I really enjoy it.

Love Will Keep Us Alive - My second fav from the new songs on HFO. Really like the melody and lyrics. I think it and Get Over It are the best songs from HFO.

The Girl From Yesterday - This song is good, but I like the above two just a bit more. However, it is still a good song! I think it's got great lyrics too and melody. I think it's a great song, but I find I listen to the other two more.

Learn To Be Still - This one I have to admit I'm not that fond of. I just never liked it and I really don't know why. I much prefer the other three over this one.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

My Ranking:

1) The Girl From Yesterday - I love the country sound of the song and Glenn's voice is beautiful on it.

2) Learn to be Still - Love Don's voice on this one and love the words.

3) Get Over it - Fast paced and I really like the words

4) Love Will Keep Us Alive - Beautiful song that is beautifully sung. Although I really like this one, I prefer the other three.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, I didn't know where else to ask this, but it kinda fits here.

Is the MTV show of HFO available for download anywhere here or anywhere? Not the HFO professional dvd, but the actual show that was on mtv back in 94?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is available for download, Brooke.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I wish that for the 20th anniversary of HFO they would re-release it with the tracks that were not broadcast included. But if they did that they would be emphasising that Felder is in it, so they probably won't.