Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

I've looked high and low for the "HFO uncut" video but no luck. It must be out there somewhere....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I guess the mtv concert is what I keep getting mixed up with the HFO dvd in my mind. I know my brother recorded it on vhs back then, but I'm sure he doesn't still have it now. I would so love to see that again.

And in my googling for that show, I come up with this:

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/eagl...lbumId=2428869

I assume it's the Christchurch show?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's Christchurch but I don't know what it's doing on MTV's site, as it's a bootleg.

The show that I saw on MTV in 1994 is the same as the Hell Freezes Over video, with no additional songs as far as I can remember.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, the show I saw on mtv in 94 was somewhat different than the HFO dvd. The same songs, I think, but a little bit different setting. That or my memory has left me. Which could be, since I can't usually remember what happened yesterday let along 16 years ago. lol I don't know, I just have this vague recollection of some differences.

ETA: And if it's the same, what would be the point of releasing the mtv show?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Once again, it's the anniversary of the Hell Freezes Over album!

The release of this album as well as the MTV special essentially introduced me to the band. (I've told this story before - feel free to skip the following paragraph, veterans.) I had heard some of their songs on the radio (I listened to a mix station that played songs from the 70s, 80s, and 90s) but I didn't really have an awareness of them as as group. They were a little before my time; I was a child of the 80s. I remember how astonished I was when I saw the commercials on MTV for Hell Freezes Over and they named Glenn Frey and Don Henley as participants. I had no idea they had ever been in a band together. Yes, I was clueless, but it sure piqued my interest! Not one but two amazing singers in the band (of course I was later to find out there were more than two amazing singers in the band)! I knew a band with both those guys in it would be a musical powerhouse. I tuned in - and oh, how right I was!

Happy Birthday Hell Freezes Over!

Happy anniversary Hell Freezes Over!

HFO was my first Eagles album.I bought the album at that time in the supermarket for about just under $ 3, a real bargain! I love it! I think without HFO, I would never become a fan!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HFO!!!!!!!!!! And I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before (yeah, right!), but I think HFO Timothy is HOT!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I don't think I've ever heard you mention that Willie.

I've racked my brain trying to come up with an HFO memory and this is all I get. Although I have always liked the Eagles I never paid much attention to what was going on with them through the years. I just knew I liked their music from the 70's. We have the HFO DVD, but I can't honestly remember when we got it. I do know it was after we were married (2000).

What I think happened is this, and I think I've posted this somewhere on here....Back in 2002 I got to see Paul McCartney in concert - something I never thought I'd get to see. So after that I started thinking concert bucket list. Who else would I like to see before I die? The Eagles immediately came to mind. We had started buying concert DVDs at that time, and I think HFO was just a natural choice for us, as was Paul's Back In The U.S. and Fleetwood Mac's The Dance.

As we've talked about before on here, I think HFO is by far the best look for the band members (although Joe is looking pretty hot these days...), but musically I feel like I'm watching Don Henley with musical guests, The Eagles!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I've always thought it was either the best look for all of them, or nearly. It's the best look for Glenn, Joe, and Tim, and second only to the One of these Nights era for Don Henley. The exception is Don Felder, who does not look his best or even his second best for the HFO era.

I completely missed HFO the first time around, despite being a huge Eagles fan through the '80s. Last I heard, there was no way in hell that they were getting back together, so I bagged it and moved on. I went to a couple of solo Henley shows and gave Frey up for lost. I didn't care much for Glenn's new R&B flavor (but that was before I grew up!)

In 1994, I was extremely distracted. I had gotten married in 1993 and had my first child in April 1994, just days before the MTV special was recorded. Music was the last thing on my mind. If anything was on my TV, it was PBS, not MTV. Somewhere along the way, someone (my husband, I think) bought me the CD, but I never even took it out of the wrapper.

It was only this spring that I refreshed my Eagles fandom and wow, it was like everything was brand new! I watched the 17-year-old HFO DVD and was blown away. I couldn't believe this wasn't recorded last week. They sounded incredible! The CD has been in my car's player ever since.