Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Happy anniversary to HFO! I really like the four HFO songs.
    I like them a lot too - My favorite is Get Over It, followed closely by Love Will Keep Us Alive. Next would be Learn To Be Still, which I love and think is a very under-rated song. I also like The Girl From Yesterday a lot, but it is a little too country for my taste, even with Glenn's superb vocals.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I like them a lot too - My favorite is Get Over It, followed closely by Love Will Keep Us Alive. Next would be Learn To Be Still, which I love and think is a very under-rated song. I also like The Girl From Yesterday a lot, but it is a little too country for my taste, even with Glenn's superb vocals.
    I totally agree with you... I love Learn To Be Still, and it is surprisingly underrated. I'm not partial to The Girl From Yesterday, because like you said, it's a bit too country.

I can watch HFO probably a hundred times and not get tired of it. I know I'm late on this, but Happy Anniversary to HFO!!

All this talk about HFO makes me want to watch it. I guess I know what I'm doing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I definitely agree that Learn To Be Still is highly underrated. It's one of my very favorite Eagles songs, and one of the first ones I've ever heard. I just generally love the four "new" songs from HFO.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

I loved Get Over It before Hell Freezes Over came out. I was thinking "there's my Don all sarcastic & witty". I really do love this DVD. I probably play it 2 or 3 times to one over Farewell 1. I love all the new songs and I love at the end when Don forgets the words/mixes up the verses on Learn to Be Still. My hubby & I both liked that song.

We taped the concert, but I still hadn't gone to the show, and at the time my husband got off work before me. I asked him please watch it before I get home from work because I don't want to see it before I go. Well, the first day he wasn't quite done watching it when I got home and that was the end of that. I watched it every day until I went to my concert.

I also love this version of Heart of the Matter. I actually cried the first few times I saw him sing it. I also love the Christchurch version where Felder taps on the guitar.

I much prefer this version of Wasted Time to the one on F1, which seems forced to me....and I can't forget The Last Resort. It is breathtaking, just as is HOTM.

I bought my first bootleg-Wasted Time-the show from Minneapolis. I haven't listened to it for awhile. I listened to it last week & I much prefer the way they do BOS now.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

I completely agree about "Wasted Time" - I like the HFO version better. The same is true for "Desperado." I just wish that HFO had been more of a full concert like Farewell 1 was. They left off so much!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Once again, time to celebrate Hell Freezes Over! How grateful are we that they finally got together for this?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can't even imagine now that that might not have happened!

Love the album!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

this is my "go to" Eagles cd...if I had to take one of my Eagles CDs on a desert island ....this would be it!...I love it

I have no idea where I'd be without HFO. So thankful they got back together.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Happy Anniversary to Hell Freezes Over!

It's a very important album! So glad they reunited. However, setlist wise, I much prefer Eagles Live for a CD or the bootleg Christchurch for the video. For me there aren't enough rockers on HFO (too many soft Henley solo songs) and the spanish version of Hotel California is fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Need them guitar solos!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."