Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New West Coast Tour Dates

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: New West Coast Tour Dates

CL - you are the 'Ticket Queen' You should get a prize for being the most savvy ticket buyer . Did I mention that I am sooooooo (mmmm maybe, a few times). Have fun.

Thanks for the update Nancy. Not really looking forward to an opening act at a GA show though as that just means more standing time. Oh, well can't have it all.

Now if TimmyB would just announce where the "added" show is going to be I could calm down. Hopefully it will be TODAY!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Talking Re: New West Coast Tour Dates

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic View Post
    CL - you are the 'Ticket Queen' You should get a prize for being the most savvy ticket buyer . Did I mention that I am sooooooo (mmmm maybe, a few times). Have fun.
    Hey, I'm jealous too!

But, seriously I have tried to "teach" other fans how to pull good seats but I get a lot of resistance. Nice of you to give me a pat on back. I appreciate it.

The secret of always getting a primo seat at face is simple. You have to be unemotional about the whole thing, as well as, exercise a lot of patience while also doing your homework, and be willing not to go. Not so much luck as hard work. I got tired of getting burned by those supposed VIP experiences and decided to do something about it other than complain.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Unhappy Re: New West Coast Tour Dates

Love the XMAS motif-Nancy you are a wizard!

Anyway, Timmy just tweeted that he may not add another date after all. Bah! Humbug.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Little more about Jack playing with Timothy.

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=125391

Jack Tempchin To Play With Eagle Timothy B. Schmit

December 3, 2009 (San Diego, CA) - Jack Tempchin, co-architect of the Southern California Sound and composer of two songs on the best selling album of the 20th Century*, will play with Eagles bassist Timothy B. Schmit at stops on Schmit’s west coast ‘Expando’ concert tour in Los Angeles and San Diego.

Tickets will run from $20-$25.00 at both show dates:
    December 17th The Troubadour 8pm West Hollywood, CA
    December 21st The Belly Up Tavern 8pm Solana Beach, CA

Jack Tempchin wrote or co-wrote such legendary hits as 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' and 'Already Gone' for THE EAGLES; 'Slow Dancing' for JOHNNY RIVERS; 'You Belong To The City', 'Smuggler’s Blues', 'I Found Somebody', 'The One You Love', 'True Love', and 'Sexy Girl' with GLENN FREY during Frey's solo career.

Tempchin also co-wrote two songs on The Eagles latest CD, LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN titled, 'Somebody’ and ‘It’s Your World Now’. His songs have been covered by many great career artists including: George Jones, Glen Campbell, Emmylou Harris, Tanya Tucker, Trisha Yearwood, Richie Havens, Chris Hillman, New Riders Of The Purple Sage. His tunes have been sampled by Coolio and Jay-Z.

Recently, Tempchin released his own solo CD simply titled, SONGS. SONGS includes his own version of the hit song he co-wrote with Glenn Frey called ‘Smugglers Blues’.

http://www.PeacefulEasyFeeling.com
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Timothy tweeted that the additional date is not happening after all.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Talking Re: New West Coast Tour Dates

Timmy is giving away 2 free tickets to each of his west coast shows on Facebook.

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...49314&comments

There are a lot of people who've entered already so hop on it.

Good Luck!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalMeow!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Portland tonight!!! I'm so frickin' excited for Rhonda & Cami to get this opportunity! I also hope tho that in the excitement they don't forget their duties to all of us here! Remember every detail and take as many pictures as you can and report back ASAP please!! Most of all---enjoy yourselves. I know you will because you are in for quite the treat!!! Give him a big wave for me please!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm excited for them too. Darn time difference...I probably won't know anything until tomorrow afternoon or evening.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm afraid they may pass out after being without any live Eagles music (solo or not) fo so long...and then where will we be left hanging? Listen, Rhonda and Cami, you MUST FOCUS!! DO YOU HEAR US?!?
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...