Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: James Taylor

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: James Taylor

I've never seen JT in concert, but would love to!

Rick, that's amazing you got to see him so much!

And WW, sounds like a great time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, Brooke, you've got to see him if you can! It's an awesome experience.

Yeah - I've enjoyed them all. I read on here that someone has a tee shirt that reads, "I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands" (I'd LOVE to get one of those shirts!). That's a true statement. I've seen the Eagles; James Taylor; Gordon Lightfoot; Jackson Browne; Crosby & Nash; Crosby, Stills & Nash; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Dan Fogelberg; Seals & Crofts; America; Doobie Bros.; Allman Bros.; Pure Prairie League; Led Zeppelin; the Kinks; the Moody Blues; Jimmy Buffett; Van Morrison...the list goes on. I have some GREAT memories...
    Last edited by rick endres; 03-14-2014 at 11:44 AM.

"You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!"

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rick endres View Post
    Witchy Woman - you are in for a real treat - and for $20 a pop, you got an INCREDIBLE bargain!

Like the Eagles, JT has only gotten better with age. His music is easygoing and accessible. He does a few solo acoustic numbers, where it's just like he's sitting in your living room, or around a campfire in the woods. His band and backup singers are top notch. I guarantee after you see him once, you'll want to see him again and again.

James is a national treasure; however - also like the Eagles - the question is how much longer he'll be touring.

Hope you have a great time!
    Awesome !! And thanks !!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by rick endres View Post
    Oh, Brooke, you've got to see him if you can! It's an awesome experience.

Yeah - I've enjoyed them all. I read on here that someone has a tee shirt that reads, "I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands" (I'd LOVE to get one of those shirts!). That's a true statement. I've seen the Eagles; James Taylor; Gordon Lightfoot; Jackson Browne; Crosby & Nash; Crosby, Stills & Nash; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Dan Fogelberg; Seals & Crofts; America; Doobie Bros.; Allman Bros.; Pure Prairie League; Led Zeppelin; the Kinks; the Moody Blues; Jimmy Buffett; Van Morrison...the list goes on. I have some GREAT memories...
    Could you post some information about your Van Morrison experience in his thread please? And Led Zeppelin?

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=2200

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=1660

@Rick - had to reply to this. Sweet Baby James will always have a place in my heart. Have loved him since high school. Finally got to see him and Carole King in Nashville a couple years ago. Our seats weren't the best but it didn't matter. We knew all the words to every single song and the night was - well, almost magical for me. He still sounds the same as he did years ago - still smooth as silk. And, to hear him and Carole together - ahhh - Loved it! It was one of those shows that you wished would have gone on forever! (Kinda like each time I've seen the Eagles....)

Sure. Van Morrison opened for the Moody Blues at the "acoustically-imperfect" Cincinnati Gardens (where the now defunct Cincinnati Royals NBA team played basketball). Van was not in the best of moods and had sound system issues to boot.

Led Zep...my memories of the Led Zep show are a little, erm, hazy. But I'll put together a couple of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    @Rick - had to reply to this. Sweet Baby James will always have a place in my heart. Have loved him since high school. Finally got to see him and Carole King in Nashville a couple years ago. Our seats weren't the best but it didn't matter. We knew all the words to every single song and the night was - well, almost magical for me. He still sounds the same as he did years ago - still smooth as silk. And, to hear him and Carole together - ahhh - Loved it! It was one of those shows that you wished would have gone on forever! (Kinda like each time I've seen the Eagles....)
    I would have LOVED to see the reunion tour of JT and Carole King, but they didn't head this way. I have to settle for the DVD, which is awesome. The two of them are a perfect musical match, just like they were in the early '70's when she opened for him and played in his band. Great shows, those. Both of them are one-in-a-million talents, and we've been lucky enough that their circles have converged.

I agree....they really compliment each other so well. I get chills just remembering the show. They've played that program (the one you probably have on DVD) a couple times on the PBS channel and each time it's on I have to watch it.

I checked online and James is coming to Columbus the end of June. Would really love to go see him - no matter where the seat are - but I need to think on it a bit. I already have two more concerts coming up this year and just don't know if I want to spend the money or not - plus, I really hate the drive to Columbus for an 8:00 show on a Sunday night. We'll see...

Do you live in Dayton, Chaleymom? Just up the street from here. I know what you mean; concerts aren't cheap - even for the so-called "cheap seats" - and I just don't like to drive all over anymore. When I was a kid, yeah. Now Cincy to Dayton is about my max!

Yes I'm in Dayton - Miamisburg actually. It's probably 1:15 minutes to Columbus which is really not far - but on a Sunday evening for an 8:00 show, getting back home by 1:00ish then up at 6:00 - I'm getting too old for that!!!

We went to the Cincinnati show (Eagles) and even coming to Cincinnati sometimes can be a pain if there's a ball game in town (which thankfully there was NOT the evening we came). Did you see that show?