Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Date for Eagles New Album

My local Walmart did NOTHING for this release. No posters, no signs, nothing. The day after it went on sale, they had 13 copies stuck in an endcap. No new release hoopla. Not even a 3x5 card saying "look". Now after they removed all the halloween crap, they put a freestanding display in "action alley" that has tons of LROOE as well as all the other studio album. They have paid for some air time on the local radio stations. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Default got it!

My cd finally arrived! I was beginning to think it never would!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Well we're up to 570 that we've sold! We're averaging over 100 a week! lol We're also selling the F1 dvd like crazy again!

News from South Africa regarding this album:

I made enquiries at the Cape Town branch of our local music store called "Musica". They don't have any copies , but apparently the Waterfront branch has (which is less than 10 minutes' drive out of town). I haven't had a chance to go down there yet, but I'm planning to. It's the biggest music store in the Cape, to my knowledge, and it's also where I've managed to order the majority of my Glenn solo albums, even though it took an age to get them.

There has been zero publicity for the album, however, apart from the Cape Argus article about which I posted a thread .

I'm awaiting my Deluxe edition of the album, ordered from overseas thanks to a kind friend, which I expect to receive shortly.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I went to the "Musica" branch situated closest to where I live yesterday morning, and after having to ask one of the shop assistants, I found 8 copies of LROOE on the racks. As happy as I was to see that, I was disappointed that there was no promotion for the album whatsoever, and I made a point of saying to the assistant that there is a big fuss being made over it overseas, and yet the album's release is so low key over here. What she does with this information is anyone's guess .

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

This past week they were airing the LROOE/Walmart commercial and my kids saw it at different times. I had to explain to both of them the "America's greatest band" comment. Come to think of it...the way I've trained them, perhaps they thought it should have been greatest band of all time. lol