Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Date for Eagles New Album

lol I'm trying to find out when we'll get a song list or an album title at work

Just guessing - and I have nothing to back this up - but I imagine that in addition to I Love to Watch a Woman Dance, we'll at least have No More Cloudy Days re-released. In fact I believe Glenn said that it would be on the new album at a solo show.

Hole in the World? I doubt it. One Day at a Time? Perhaps - I'd hate to see it disappear into the void and never be released as anything other than a live track on a DVD. Fast Company? I hope not, but possible. Do Something? A good song, but I'd prefer something new - especially since I imagine Tim won't get more than one or two songs, so having two new ones would be better for all concerned. I guess it depends on whether the F1 bonus CD was a sampler of the main course or some appetizers that, once consumed, are cleared off the table and forgotten about when it's time for the big meal. I think Fast Company especially sounds like a throwaway track, but who knows.

As I've always said about everything regarding this album... I guess we'll see! Nothing is ever certain.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    lol I'm trying to find out when we'll get a song list or an album title at work
    Release date on May 1? Wow, that's great news. Yes Maleah, please keep us informed if you heard anything about it.

Thanks for the update, DF.

This article was in the Daily Mail on 1st Feb. I don't if anyone would have seen it.

The Eagles Crow Again

"The Eagles are to release their first album of new songs in 28 years this spring.

The California-based country-rock legends disbanded amid much acrimony in 1982.

Although they reunited for a tour in 1994, then again for their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame four years later, the group have not recorded any new material since the album The Long Run in 1979.

It was founder member Don Henley who revealed that the Eagles had been secretly recording at a solo concert in Las Vegas this week.

He said of their new album: "It's out in 60 to 90 days - if we don't kill each other first".

Henley's publicist and manager both declined to comment on his remarks.

It was also not clear last night if all the group's original members were taking part in the sessions.

The Eagles' 1976 Greatest Hits collection - which includes classics as Peaceful Easy Feeling, Take It Easy and One of These Nights - is the biggest-selling album of all time in the U.S.

It has sold 29million copies there to date."
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

I've seen variations on the article, but not that one, RG. it's funny how the article characterizes the Eagles as "secretly recording" when they've been going on about "working on an album" for years and years!

Yeah, I was wondering when this article was actually written. Was Don in Las Vegas recently. If he was, then I guess we're looking at a spring release (assuming it is all true)
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Yes - Don played Vegas pretty recently:

Click for more info

And the buzz begins!

Stuck on the Border

Can these people not get any facts straight? 'It was not clear if the original members would be involved'. PLEASE. Two of them will be. Surely after all these years there would be at least a basic knowledge of the band's lineup? 'No new material since 1979'. HUH? 'Disbanded in 1982'? It was 1980. It was ANNOUNCED in 1982.

We have been assured elsewhere that the release date is May 1.

And Eagles 'crow'? They 'scream'.

LOL...when I saw that about original members I thought, "well I'm pretty sure Randy and Bernie are not participating".

I don't know that it's "assured" to be May 1. As Maleah has said, that's the Walmart projected date, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back.