Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Covers of Eagles Songs

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oh really, Dreamer? Did you take a photo of his house?
    Yes, I've read on the net Keith spent Christmas holidays in Australia. FP, have you seen him?

Stuck on the Border

Keith and Nicole displayed a great show of unity here in Sydney over Christmas. But EF, how do I break it to you? I have never heard one of his songs and I don't have the slightest interest in him. I don't find him remotely attractive and I am also not a fan of his wife. Sorry. So, er, no, I haven't seen him and I didn't go looking. The city has been inundated with the fragrant Paris Hilton, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    The city has been inundated with the fragrant Paris Hilton, anyway.

ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Keith and Nicole displayed a great show of unity here in Sydney over Christmas. But EF, how do I break it to you? I have never heard one of his songs and I don't have the slightest interest in him. I don't find him remotely attractive and I am also not a fan of his wife. Sorry. So, er, no, I haven't seen him and I didn't go looking. The city has been inundated with the fragrant Paris Hilton, anyway.
    Paris Hilton?
    FP, I didn't know you don't care for Keith and his music. I love him but forgot not everyone likes him.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

EF - I didn't have a camera with me when I passed by Keith's house this year. However, I may actually have some pictures of the house from last year. I'll check when I get a chance, and post a picture if I have one. I have to admit, I'm really not much of a country music fan. I had never even heard of Keith until he started dating Nicole. However, when we were in Nashville last year, my 16 year-old niece was with us, and she definately knew about him. She went wild when we passed his house. She was prepared to search the entire city looking for him. Me, on the other hand, was thinking "Good grief - what's all the fuss about - you'd think he was Glenn Frey!"

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I had never heard of him either till my US aunt brought me the live DVD last year. I must admit I ignored the DVD for at least 3 weeks and one day I was boring and thought ok, I want to have a look now. And what can I say? I fell in love with him from the first song.
    Apart from his first albums his music has nothing to do with country. Not anymore. You can hear a banjo now and then but that's all.
    Your niece is a girl to my liking.
    Looking forward to the photos.

Stuck on the Border

Everyone has different tastes. I might like Keith Urban if I heard him but that isn't the sort of music that does anything for me, that's all. I got as far as Hank Williams and Johnny Cash and that was about it. It isn't that I don't 'like' him, I'm just indifferent to him.

Trust me......Keith is so far from Johnny Cash and Hank Williams that it's not even funny. Their styles are not even SOMEWHAT similar. Most people think of country and think of the "twang" that came with singers like Hank, George Jones, and Merle Haggard.......but to be honest, modern day country is more comparable to the Eagles, imo.

I see your point, Maleah. Maybe I'll hop on to Amazon and listen to a few clips.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

sounds good soda The best part about Keith....to REALLY get the Keith experience....is to see him live, or at LEAST see him on dvd or on tv because his guitar playing is smokin'!