Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

  1. #101
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,794

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    I agree, he wore his levis well ! Especially in some of the 70's videos.

  2. #102
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,059

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @NKIT-- Hey there! Yeah, I remember hearing or reading about him talking about being in the Scouts and playing ball, and being on the wrestling team. That probably just suited his feisty little self. LOL. Yeah, he was just a good athlete. He loved it.
    There's a shot in the Soul Searchin' video where he hops over that wall. It wasn't a stunt double. He did it and it was perfect. And let's just pause a minute to appreciate how goooodddd he looked in those Levis.
    You mean this?



    Love it!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  3. #103
    Border Rebel Pippinwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    904

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    @Soda-- That would be EXACTLY the clip!

  4. #104
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,661

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Love the video, thanks!


    "Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

  5. #105
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,057

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I saw mention of the issue a little earlier in the thread... so...

    I picked this up at Kroger this afternoon.



    There are two more copies there at the moment, so let me know if you need one. I'll see what I can do.

  6. #106
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,794

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Wow CA, I can't believe you found that issue. It it the memorial issue after Glenn passed. I'm shocked it is on the new stand three years after it came out. Great find for you.

  7. #107
    Border Troubadour CAinOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,057

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow CA, I can't believe you found that issue. It it the memorial issue after Glenn passed. I'm shocked it is on the new stand three years after it came out. Great find for you.
    It's marked as a "Reissue of a Special Edition," so those of you who have the first edition, it's sure to be worth more. I've seen mention that it's out all over the place; some people have found it at Barnes & Noble, too.

  8. #108
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    1,794

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    It's marked as a "Reissue of a Special Edition," so those of you who have the first edition, it's sure to be worth more. I've seen mention that it's out all over the place; some people have found it at Barnes & Noble, too.
    I found mine at my local Barnes & Noble when it came out. I would bet the original is not worth much more. I have seen it on ebay numerous times. I paid around $14.00 for mine.

  9. #109
    Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,078

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!



    I remember when Soda, Dreamer and I were in LA in May 2016, I picked up an extra copy of this special edition at Amoeba Records. We were staying at a VRBO place in Laurel Canyon and they had a couple of special edition magazines of musicians on the coffee table in the living room but none of the EAGLES. So I left the magazine there as we wanted our guys represented!

  10. #110
    Stuck on the Border LuvTim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Prairie
    Posts
    3,884

    Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press - Retro Edition!

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post


    I remember when Soda, Dreamer and I were in LA in May 2016, I picked up an extra copy of this special edition at Amoeba Records. We were staying at a VRBO place in Laurel Canyon and they had a couple of special edition magazines of musicians on the coffee table in the living room but none of the EAGLES. So I left the magazine there as we wanted our guys represented!
    Classy move, HB! 👍😊


    It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •