Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Laundry

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Dirty Laundry

I was going to name this Tiger's Dirty Laundry but I figure with all the scandalous dirty laundry out there, we can always add to this later.

What's everyone think of what's going on with Tiger Woods right now? Opinions or is it no ones business but his, his family's and the women involved?
    Here's just a couple off the top of my google search this morning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_372324.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...YnFbwD9CBSIF00

And the stupid emails and jokes have already started. This is one I got this morning.

Woods Family Picture

He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: Dirty Laundry

When it first came out that Tiger had had an accident and the news was all over it, I figured he must have been drunk-driving or something. When I discovered all he did was hit a fire hydrant backing out of his driveway, I was going "Seriously???" What's so dramatic about that?

Then, the sex angle came out. Oh, so THAT'S why the media cares so much.

I never understood why the media almost gleefully reports when some celebrity cheats on his wife. OK, tell us about the politicians' marital misdeeds because it affects the level of trust we have in them to keep their word, but we don't really need to know about the sexual straying of celebrities.

I can understand why TMZ, Perez Hilton, or some venue like that would want to talk about this, but all the major news outlets? The 24-hour news channels have already spent HOURS on it.

Don't they have more important things to talk about?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree Soda. So, what else is new? Another celebrity has had an affair! Whoop de do!

I think there are more important issues for the daily news.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It has something to do with the way the man has been turned into a saint and the total blanket coverage of him to the exclusion of anything else. I have watched coverage of tournaments where they will tell you 'and Tiger is five off the pace' and not even bother saying who is actually leading. When he was out here recently for the Australian Masters it was like the second coming. I am sure he is a nice person and everything but they act like he's the be all and end all, and now that he's human they're even more fascinated. Give it a rest.

FP has the right angle on this one. Now, if Tiger had been caught using steroids, that would be newsworthy. I can even see it being newsworthy that he is five shots off the lead since he was benched after a truly heroic win last year and recovering from surgery.

I guess he has recovered pretty good after surgery and maybe that's why he is drawing so much news coverage...NAH, I don't think so <LOL>.

To his credit, he is not going on national TV demonstrating his technique! And as far as I have heard, nothing is confirmed....but I haven't been following it at all.

I'd much rather watch and hear about Tiger obliterating the field in a Golf Tournament and not be slapped in the face with his off the course activities whatever they might be.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The 24-hour news channels have already spent HOURS on it.

Don't they have more important things to talk about?
    And therein the problem lies. We do not need 24 hr. news channels. There is not enough news (even in these trying times) to warrant them being on 24/7. And it's not good for a person to watch that kind of thing all of the time. Look at how long they've been covering the story of the couple who crashed the White House party. Give it a break.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

-Apparently the police asked Elin how many times she hit Tiger. She said,
    "I don't know but put me down for a 5."

-Tiger has a lot of expensive vehicles. Now he has a hole in one.

-What's the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

-What was Elin doing out at 2:30 in the morning? Clubbing.

-Why did Tiger crash into a fire hydrant and a tree? He couldn't decide between an iron and a wood.

-What's the penalty for getting it in the wrong hole. Ask Tiger...he knows.

-Tiger drives very well on the fairway but doesn't fare very well on the driveway.

-Why was Tiger's wife made at him? She heard he played around in Australia.

-Tiger can change his nickname and keep it in the cat family. Cheetah.

I hear ya, PM. My dad watches FNC for hours and hours and it drives me crazy when I visit, although I love my parents dearly! When it's not opinion shows, it's just the same stories over and over. It's not that we don't have enough news to fill the time, it's that we don't have enough INTERESTING news to fill the time.

Molly - I feel bad for laughing at those but - LOL!

Stuck on the Border

I think this proves my point about the utter hype & over obsession with this man:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

I think that site was set up as a joke, though, FP!