Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirty Laundry

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Pebble Beach 2010

I honestly don't want to speculate on Glenn's thoughts about this issue. He has met Tiger Woods, as we know. I would not have a clue how he feels about it.

Default Re: Pebble Beach 2010

I bet he doesn't like it at all, I know I don't. That's fine that you put that here Glennhoney, I don't mind, since i started this, I hope Nancy don't mind though. I do hope Glenn plays at PB also, I did hear from someone else he has not yet turned in his papers, they are still waiting.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Default Re: Dirty Laundry

Well, whatever the case, Tiger Woods has blown that squeeky clean Idol image.

Guess that much money and influence would tend to tempt and ultimately corrupt most anyone.

The real shame of it is that he's pulling out of Professional Golf for now. At least, that's what I hear. Probably for the best. Golf takes ALL of one's concentration and with all the things that are happening, I doubt he'd be able to focus on the game. He'll most likely be in the Soup Lines soon <LOL> NOT!

MikeA

Maybe he'll change his mind about taking a break from golf after things calm down a little. It seems to be kind of an emotional reaction rather than a well-thought out one.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Probalby is knee-jerk Soda. But Gillette and AT&T have announced that they are pulling back on identifying him as a "spokes person" so it does sound as though he is pretty serious about it. Haven't heard anything about Nike pulling back though.

The thing is, Tiger doesn't "NEED" to do anything. Whatever he does at this point in his life is for his own gratification. I can't imagine any money he makes NOW is anything more than a way to keep score. And as for playing, he's proved everything he needs to prove. He's been the top player in the game virtually ever since his first pro appearance.

"IF" he comes back to the game, I think it would probably ONLY to be to beat Jack Nicklas in Majors Won. Other than that, he holds virtually every record in the books!

MikeA

I think if Tiger does leave for good, golf will go down hill.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

It (Golf) has certainly been elevated in popularity by Tiger. First it was Palmer, then Nicklas, and then Tiger. His leaving certainly would NOT HELP Golf any at all.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

But it might give other golfers the chance to actually win some tournaments. When you have only one person winning everything it isn't healthy - or one team (English Premier League/Manchester United).

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Don't they have more important things to talk about?
    totally agree

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Another celebrity has had an affair! Whoop de do!
    lmao