Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays

My hubby & I are going to our neighbor's house to ring in the New Year. They host this gathering every year, and we always have a good time. One of our daughters has agreed to baby-sit all the younger children at our house, and we are all mostly within walking distance, so you can be assured that the champagne and spirits will be flowing freely!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am spending it with my parents, who will no doubt go to bed long before midnight. It's a huge drag but since I have a neurologist appointment on Jan. 2, I couldn't very well leave before Dec. 31.

Hope everyone else has a great New Year!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

The Packers are playing "Da" Bears tonight -so I'll have to try to stay up and at least see the end of the game (Please, God, don't let this be Brett Favre's last game!).

Steve has agreed to build a fire in our fireplace and I'll probably be curled up in a blanket, watching the game and nursing this blasted cold I've managed to catch. Of course, I'm sick over a three day weekend, which is how I've managed to not use a sick day at work for over 3 years.

Happy New Year to all of you!
    [

Stuck on the Border

We went to bed at 9.30. I did wake up at midnight and heard distant fireworks. Then this morning I got up and changed the calendars. Very sensible.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As I said in another thread, I was supposed to be driving to PA today to bring in the New Year with my SO and his family. Unfortunately, a bug seems to have hit some of them as well, so my SO drove here instead. We managed to get into Shula's Steak House without reservations, and only had to wait about 20 minutes much to my surprise. I am now catching up on the board while watching the football game and Molly's Packers are looking very good. I have to get off of here soon, so we can watch the ball drop and toast the New Year.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

We celebrate New Year's Eve in the house of my best friend. With her family and some friends with their kids. Everyone brought in some food and drinks. Almost all people stayed overnight so at midday today we had breakfast together. But not everyone was able to eat today. I think I will spend the rest of the day on my sofa.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!

We were on our own, and spent some part of the evening watching a DIY programme about building a shed. We had supper by the fireside, then somehow I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 11.45, just in time to hear the bells.
    Today we set off for a walk on the cliffs, but after about 15 minutes there was a massive hailstorm, then thunder and lightning, so now we are back home with the fire lit and a rugby match to watch.
    Back to work tomorrow.
    Hope your cold is better soon, Molly.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Happy, Healthy New Year to all!

We had a quiet evening at home -- watched the ball drop, toasted the new year and played with Soph and the psycho sheltie we are dogsitting. Today is dreary and damp, somehow befitting of tomorrow's return to work.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Happy New Year to everyone!

We had a hectic New Years. Every year my father and i put on the new years eve party at the pyschiatric home where i used to work. This year was the best of any of them! we had the party going for hours and everyone had a great time but boy am i tired today! We even had a cover version of take it to the limit playing at one point!It was lots of fun!

That does sound like fun, TF! That is so sweet of you guys to have a party like that for them.