Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Portland, Oregon 12-07-09

Default Re: Portland, Oregon 12-07-09

Thanks for the review - sorry it was so cold, but hey, Tim warmed ya up, right? Cool that you got to meet his aunt to boot! And it's so true that seeing him live really does amp up your appreciation of him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Good idea!

Thanks for the review, glad you had a great time!
    Too bad that the pics are been deleted.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Sounds like the show was wonderful...how heartbreaking about your pictures though.

And Timmy added a Tweet afterwards:
    "Just finished the Portland show ... Great audience ... Off to Seattle next 12:29 AM Dec 8th from web"
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Glad you girls had a good time, but bummer about the pics. Maybe you could do like EV did with some of her pics and take the camera in to a specialty shop and maybe they could find them? Might be worth a try.
    I was just going to mention this! Don't do anything more with the memory card. Just bring it to a local computer shop, and explain what happened. I think there is an excellent chance the pix can be recovered.

Your review was wonderful... I too am wondering how big the venue was that it wasn't sold out? I'm glad you had such a great appreciation of his artistry!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Great review. Wonder why the theater was so cold? So sad you lost your pictures Maybe the computer guys can retrieve them

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

The Aladdin is an old movie theater with a stage area and the first 5 or 6 rows of seats have been removed to allow for a dance floor. They had folding chairs arranged there and we were AT the stage. (I set my coffee down on the stage at one point before the concert). There's a balcony area as well. In total, their website says it holds about 74 people and I'd say it was about 2/3rds full with several people sitting above in the balcony!
    I *think* it was cold in the theater because they had a door at the back of the stage that went out to the road where there was a small camper type vehicle and THATS where Tim and his crew hung out before the show. The door was constantly being opened and closed and there were two exit doors off to the sides and set back a ways and I suspect the smokers were standing out there. There was a lot of foot traffic at these doors. It's about 11 degrees this morning here but Monday night it was slightly warmer, only about 32 or so but the wind was pretty intense.

We know from the Chicago show that Timothy seems to get cold easily. He was all bundled up and talking about how cold it was, when really it was a very mild day. Of course, he is from Southern California.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I was thinking that also PM-I hope he didn't catch a chill and gets a cold.

Wow--small place, probably the smallest he has played so far isn't it. If it only holds 74, there had to only be about 50 there then? I wonder why they couldn't sell out a place that small. Ticky-are you the only Eagles fan in Portland? No wonder Irving hasn't brought them up that way yet! Something to be said for the standing only shows, at least people move. Sounds like a pretty subdued crowd for you guys.

Your post reminded me of something hubby said after I had gone to the Chicago show and told him that there were only about 150 there. He asked if I had thought about the fact that we had had more people in our backyard for the 2 bands at our son's graduation party than were at a member of the Eagles concert.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I think many singers....especially those who have survived their 20's....dress warmer than what the audience might think "normal". I believe it has something to do with the way the "cold" effects their voices.

MikeA