HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR "FEARLESS LEADER"

Here is a Glenn fantasy for you:

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/v3Im6B8nDt1wqY5i

Enjoy your day!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SODA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY

Well, it's been a long time since I visited these pages, so I reckon the best way to celebrate my return is to wish you for your birthday, Nancy. So here goes:

HAP-PY BIRTH-DAY TO YOU
    HAP-PY BIRTH-DAY TO YOU
    HAP-PY BIRTH-DAY DEAR NANCY
    HAP-PY BI-I-I-RTH-DAY TOOOOO YOOOOOU!!!

I hope you have an absolutely fantastic day surrounded by your family and friends.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Happy Birthday Nancy!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Little did I realize when I found and later joined this site, that I would gain so many friends along with it. One is the leader of this little pack of Eagles lovers. Nancy, I've enjoyed the times you visited and our "Eagles Adventures". It's good to have a friend that understands this little obsession of mine. I sincerely want to wish you a very very happy birthday and hope that you have a wonderful day today.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Happy Birthday Hope You Have A Great Day

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY

Happy Birthday most Wonderful and Revered Webmistress. I hope you have a fantastic birthday with your family and friends. In contrast to other years when I've had unlimited internet access and plenty of time, its slightly different this year.

So instead I've done this little ditty for you. Its been floating around in my head for a while now. It is in NO WAY meant to supercede Ticky's abilities but I hope you like it. Part 1 is here, Part 2 to follow.

Nancy's Night Out!!......

Nancy sighed softly as she looked into the remnants of her glass. For the umpteenth time she wondered what she was really doing in this posh upmarket LA hotel. It wasn't really her scene, although she had to admit it certainly was luxurious with its soft seats, sumptuous decor, and strategically placed lighting. Delicate Christmas decorations added colour and festivity to her surroundings. They were subtle but festive, as was the piano music that drifted over from the musician playing in the far corner and the warm fire burning on the heart. It had turned a little chilly by local standards although nothing like her previous few winters in Indiana had been. The place exuded opulence and wealth. On a lecturers fee she didn't frequent such places very often. Besides, she had other uses for her money.......

The door swung open and involuntarily, she looked up, then cursed herself as a well dressed couple strolled in arm in arm and headed for a suite where a private function was taking place. The woman looked vaguely familiar, but then they all did in LA. Most of them were singers or film stars, and were a dime a dozen here. Another party guest arrived and glanced over at her, making her blush uncomfortably as she caught a lounge boy hovering near, awaiting what he assumed would be her next order. Did she have 'Stood up' tattooed on her arm? Or written on her face. Honestly, it was no big deal, she didn't even like the guy, not really.......

Really, it had been a dream come true when Nancy had finally secured tenure at UCLA, a prestigious university with a great reputation earlier that year. The competition had been stiff, but her PhD thesis had been from exactly the background that the university had been hoping to expand into and one professor in particular had been very impressed with the fact that she had been prepared to travel to England to so some of her ground breaking research. That had clinched it and the job had been offered to her. That October Nancy had moved to LA. She had settled in quickly, determined to prove her worth and embraced her new post with energy and enthusiasm. Today, on her birthday she could look back on her acheivements of the past year with pride.

She finished her glass of white wine and discreetly checked her watch. It was time to make a decision. And one which would NOT involve Mark. She sighd inwardly. It really didn't matter. Mark was another researcher at the University. He'd been looking for a date with her several times over the past few weeks, but she had a lot on her plate settling in and had discreetly declined. She had kept quiet about it being her birthday today, not wanting to draw attention to herself, but when a beautiful bouquet of flowers from her parents had arrived at the college for her she knew she had to spill the beans. Of course after all the handshaking, kissing and congratulating had finished, Mark had pulled her aside and asked how she planned to spend here evening. On hearing she had no definite arrangement made, he had promptly invited her to dinner here in this hotel, at 8:30pm. Well it was now 9pm and he still hadn't arrived. Nancy wondered was he always this unreliable. The fact that he saw no need for mobile phones in what he felt was a 'too fast moving' world meant she couldn't contact him either. Not that she would have.

Nancy decided to order one more drink, give him another 10 minutes and then leave. She had an instinctive feeling he would not be showing up but she would give him the benefit of the doubt. She watched another few couples and singles heading to what seemed to be a private party and her heart nearly stopped as she saw two of her rock idols heading in. Firstly Stevie Nicks, then followed a few minutes later by Don Henley. Nancy smiled. It had been worth coming here even to see these people in the flesh. Her drink arrived and she thanked and tipped the waiter.

As she took a sip of the clear liquid a shadow passed over her temporarily blocking the light. Assuming it was Mark with some plausible excuse she looked up...... into the bluest pair of eyes she had ever seen. She gasped in disbelief as she took in the smiling face, and the short but slightly waved hair. It couldn't be......... 'Hey..... Do I always have this effect on pretty women. I didn't mean to startle you' he held out his hand.......................
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

I hope you have a fantastic day. You deserve it! Thanks for creating this community, for bringing Eagles fans from all over the world together, and for being such a kind, intelligent, witty webmistress and more importantly - a great friend. You are awesome. I hope this Sacramento thing works out and that I can meet you 'in the flesh' sometime this summer. Until then... cheers, and best wishes!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!! AND MANY MORE TO COME!!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...