Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SODA!

Default Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SODA!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyMaid
    I'm DYING to read both of these stories! I haven't had time!
    You'll love 'em, PM.

I want to reiterate how much I appreciate the stories - I know you girls worked hard on them and it shows! I feel honored that you would take the time to do that for me.

I appreciate all the birthday wishes, though, of course! I've said it before and I'll say it again: Borderers Rock!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

A very heartfelt (if belated) happy birthday to you, Nancy!
    I hope you had a wonderful celebration!

.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.........HOPE IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY..AND WISHING YOU AN "ELEVATOR MOMENT" WITH GLENN REAL SOON..

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well after a full week I finally have part 2 ready to post. And I see you have 11000 posts as well, so to celebrate both.........

Part 2.

...............'Glenn' he introduced himself. Recovering slightly and thinking 'I know EXACTLY who you are' Nancy eagerly shook the mans hand, knowing that she had finally met a man who she had admired for many years both as a musician and a person. 'Mind if I join you?' he continued plonking himself down in the seat opposite her like he was not going to take no for an answer. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a candy striped overshirt abd Nancy couldn't help but think that he looked even better in the flesh than he did in the photographs she had seen of him. She smiled back 'Of course you can,.........Mr Frey' letting him know she knew exactly who he was. He looked at her again laughing as he realised that he would never be completely hidden from the world. 'Ya know who I am then' he commented rather sheepishly.

Nancy nodded as he continues Thats so good of you....... I'm meant to be heading to the party upstairs. But its really Henleys thing and I'm a little too early' Nancy laughed. He was surprisingly easy to talk to. Knowing his entire discography and filmography helped also and soon they were chatting like old friends. Suddenly Nancy's cellphone rang. 'Sorry' she excused herself as she took the brief call from another wellwisher. It was obvious from the tone of the call that she was celebrating.

'Birthday?' Glenn's eyes arched slightly as Nancy nodded blushing slightly. Glenn called over the waiter, whispering something to him' The waiter returned presently with a bottle of fine champagne and two glasses. Glenn poured them and handed one to Nancy 'A Toast...... to your Birthday' and they clinked their glasses........As they did Glenn's hand touched gently off Nancys. She looked up at him, into those warm blue eyes. Glenn shot the tiniest of winks at her. 'So Why.......?' He started, then stopped, genuinely interested in her, but not wanting to pry. Nancy knew what he was thinking 'Well, I guess, the person I was going to meet hasn't shown up yet.........but to be honest' she smiled 'it was nothing, and no loss' 'Sure?' Glenn smiled at her and he could see her smile back was genuine.

'Look, I'm really so not into that party.....' he looked at her honestly, like a little boy who had to do his moms bidding. 'I'll have to show my face at some stage, but what about you and me have a bite to eat first?' Nancy nodded enthusiastically. Glenn stepped out of his seat and retrieving a menu from an adjoining table he moved onto the soft sofa beside her. His thigh brushed warmly against hers as the two of them bent their heads to scan its contents. A wisp of hair fell in front of Nancy's face and Glenn lifted it away gently between his fingers. 'Tell ya what?' He suggested 'Will I choose?' winking at her in a manner that could only be described as adorable. 'Of course!' Nancy was happy to take a back seat, knowing that Glenn would make a perfect choice. And as several platters of delectable finger food arrived as well as another bottle of champagne several minutes later she was not disappointed. 'Open up' Glenn teased offering her a selection of veg on a kebeb stick. Nancy obeyed flashing him a wink, and they both settled down enjoying the fine food immensely.........

Two hours later, their eyes bright and their faces flushed from the champagne Glenn finally took his leave of Nancy. 'I'd better head up here for a while or Henley'll disown me' he said regretfully. He had already asked Nancy to accompany him up but she had refused. They stood up and Glenn organised her a car home. He kissed her forehead gently 'Thanks for a wonderful evening Nancy' he whispered as she headed off wondering if this had all been a dream. She didn't realise how long he stared after her in the car from the hotel steps..........

Hope you liked it, and once again, hope you had a great birthday Nancy. Thanks for all you have done for us and for the Border. Have a wonderful year and hopefully we will all be celebrating again this time next year (with a few more gigs under out belts too..... )
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I was wondering when Part 2 would surface! Now THAT would be some dinner! You know, I have had men want to order for me a couple times and I have allowed it since I didn't want to hurt their feelings. However ,as I am a finicky eater, I was unimpressed by their choices both times and did not allow it again, lol. I think in Glenn's case, though, I'd need not worry. More champagne, please!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just read both stories......FANTASTIC! Both of them! Great work Ticky and GA!

We can all dream, can't we?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, Oh, Cindy is going to be jealous!

Ticky & GA, you gals are so talented!

Belated Birthday wishes, Soda! Sorry I am so late-I was out of the country on your special day, and just arrived back earlier this week.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful day, with lots of special surprises!

Finally, I've had time to read both stories. Ticky and GA, you are both very talented in that you had me hook, line and sinker! I was as into these stories as I would be a best selling novel! Really! Great job!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Nanc - I am so sorry I wasn't around for your birthday celebration. I really enjoyed reading this thread, and hope that these pictures make up for my tardiness. I think you like some of these ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016