Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy's videos on YouTube and other video sites

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Timothy's videos on YouTube and other video sites

Well - I completely agree that it is very annoying and distracting to have intoxicated or out-of-control loud mouths singing along at a live show. But, I was originally responding to this post of Topkat's, which is not the same thing to me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Oh how I can't stand it when the audience sings along. I'm surprised it doesn't completely throw him off track!
    Anyway, I agree that the audience singing along is generally part of the live concert experience and I think it is gratifying to the artist. TK - I guess you should avoid sitting near me at any future Eagles concerts cause I'm likely to annoy you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    found this from 6/8 show in Huntington NY...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_C-a...yer_detailpage
    That's the video I was talking about when I made the original comment. I do think people should shut up during LWKUA. That is one song that should be sung by Timothy only. You can clearly hear the audience singing here, & not so quietly. Like I said, it depends on what the song is, & how loud people are singing, the venue. Here, I felt it was just too much audience participation for this particular song. Whatever... People seem to just want to argue on here sometimes...frustrates me!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

TK - Sorry you are frustrated. I don't think folks are arguing just for the sake of argument here. There obviously seems to be differences of opinion about this topic here, and that is valid fodder for discussion on a message board such as this. Since we don't have the benefit of body language and face-to-face communication, it is sometimes difficult to convey tone and meaning over the internet. That's why I try to be very careful that the words I write are going to come across like I mean for them to. It's hard though, and I don't alway succeed. I use the emoticons to try to convey my mood, but even then, I've had many a joke fall flat. Oh well - as a certain long-haired bass player once sang - we gotta "keep on trying'. <joke intended>

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I have just listened to this link above and I have to agree, in an acoustic setting people in the audience need to shut up in order to respect not only the man singing it, but also the quiet beauty of of the song. It kind of takes away from the feeling, Timothy would find it distracting I'm sure..as he did in this one (look at the dirty looks he keeps shooting in the same direction to the guy doing it):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH30nXDWMWE&feature=relmfu[/ame]

And this is probably why the poster only got 48 secs of it because it was so damn annoying. This is Tim's signature Eagles song, it deserved some reverence and that means, for the audience to SHUT UP so the man can sing it without distractions!

Rant over

Hello, Thank you, BramwenR!

Hello TK Today I took the F1 next door to my neighbour's place, she has a huuuuuuge HD tv and we watched the entire concert from start to finish, cranked up REAL LOUD, and we sang along without disturbing anybody at all Tim didn't mind at all me singing along to ICTYW (in fact he looked right at me and didn't even flinchAnd yesterday I bought the HFO DVD, still have to finish watching it. I have a free weekend (no kids and might just crank that one up real loud too (but I can't sing along with all of them until I learn all the songs I haven't heard before

Yes, sing all you want in your house or your neighbors house to the DVD, but I have to warn you that when you see TBS in the HFO video, they may have to pick you up off the floor when you faint!!! ENJOY IT!
    To me that was the best of the best!

Love Will Keep Us Alive from HFO

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfRkuBDhUHE[/ame]

and LWKUA Solo ( In DC)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RbOfbBJBqo[/ame]

Watching one after another it really hits you how wonderful but different these two versions are!

The solo acoustic version is still great, but to me the Eagles on HFO is just pure perfection. Fleder's guitar work on that is beautiful & the whole song is just mesmerizing....I mean even more mesmerizing!!!

Bramwen, Wait till you see ICTYW on HFO!!!!!!! I bet you can't watch it just once! It is Enjoy