Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy's videos on YouTube and other video sites

Border Desperado

Default Re: Timothy's videos on YouTube.com

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    How much do you all LOVE the video, Rose of Cimarron? OMG... I think I may have converted to an early Poco fan... lol

Really though, I'm considering getting some of those early works, just so I can hear Timothy!
    By all means, do it. They have some really great stuff out there. I love Poco almost as much as Eagles. They just never got the right chance. And that bass player is mighty good looking

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by melrose View Post
    By all means, do it. They have some really great stuff out there. I love Poco almost as much as Eagles. They just never got the right chance. And that bass player is mighty good looking

By any chace, do you know the songs that Timothy sang lead on? He voice back then...OMG... his voice!

Border Desperado

Yea, no problem. I'll send you a private message (the list is kind of long). But there are also some songs where he isn't the only one singing lead that you might want to check out. Rose of Cimarron for example.

Forgive me if this has been noticed before and I'm just clueless but.... is Timothy wearing the logo of the restaurant TGI Friday's on his T-shirt?? I'd seen the "Friday's" part before but only noticed today that it looked like the logo for the restaurant chain.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQp80S3tM4[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yes, I do believe it IS the restaurants chains shirt... remember, he also had that spiffy yellow Holiday Inn shirt. (what taste he had)

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    (what taste he had)
    He could pull it off though! The style, I mean, not the shirt...unless of course he wanted to. I wouldn't complain.

Ok, how do you pronouce their name? I saw where they were first calling themselves "Pogo" but had to change the name for legal reasons and went to "Poco", which is "little" or "un" in spanish...

I first thought it ryhmed with Taco Then I heard it pronounced with a long "o" sound (like po, as in po-cat) - but the spanish term is more of a "U" sound like poo-co (no offense there!)

I'd never heard of them until this message board - they are TERRIFIC! Great harmony, which I love!

Border Desperado

It is Po-co. You would pronounce the PO like you were saying pogo.

They are quite good, aren't they? I'm a Poconut; there are a few of us here on the border. I'm glad you like what you've heard so far

I was looking for a few CD's online and some places wanted upwards of $60 for Rose of Cimarron!

I will hold out until my music recyclery gets in a few of the ones I want. In the meantime I bought the Ultimate Collection to get me through. I needed Rose of Cimarron, Indian Summer and Crazy Love. I remember the later two from my youth.

I have to say, the CD is fantabulous!

Border Desperado

Rose of Cimarron is up there in price. I've been trying to back up my Timothy B. Schmit, Eagles, and Poco cds. Unfortunately, this is not an easy (or cheap) task