Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Ooooh Molly--you're in so much trouble--we'll miss you here!
    Don't worry... I dutifully averted my eyes.

I think another good thing about this double bill is that perhaps it will garner appreciation by hardcores of one band for the other band. Yes, a lot of people were listening to both bands in the 70s. However, folks who missed that boat might only be into one of the groups. Remember, it was the Two Voices tour that introduced me, a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the world of the Eagles - and look at me now! Many other Mac fans will see the Eagles perform and undoubtedly realize (or be reminded of) how awesome they are... and vice versa.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Don't worry... I dutifully averted my eyes.

I think another good thing about this double bill is that perhaps it will garner appreciation by hardcores of one band for the other band. Yes, a lot of people were listening to both bands in the 70s. However, folks who missed that boat might only be into one of the groups. Remember, it was the Two Voices tour that introduced me, a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the world of the Eagles - and look at me now! Many other Mac fans will see the Eagles perform and undoubtedly realize (or be reminded of) how awesome they are... and vice versa.
    I wasn't worried, Nancy, you know my weird sense of humor by now. Not sure if you appreciate, but you're aware of it!

Chances are I wouldn't venture out to see FM on a bill my itself. I like them-but I don't love them. And, I really miss Christine not being in the band, anymore. I've always preferred the songs she's done to the songs Stevie sings.

Who knows, maybe seeing Stevie perform live will make me a convert. I'm open to it.

Timmy's website has an item posted that ran in one of the San Diego papers yesterday (12/1 with the following:

"...As the singing bassist in The Eagles from 1977 to 1980 (when the group imploded) and consistently since its “Hell Freezes Over” reunion tour in 1994, Schmit is a member of one of the biggest-selling acts in pop-music history. Moreover, The Eagles are still flying so high that its 2008 tour grossed a whopping $73.4 million. (A joint tour of stadiums and arenas by The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac is planned for next year. No dates have been announced yet.)"

While I'm not aware of any official announcement confirming a joint tour, the rumor mill and the media are giving an Eagles/Mac combined venture a great deal of attention. I'm certainly hopeful...would be one he-- of a show to see.....and I can already envision Don and Stevie taking center stage together for a little vocal collaberation! All we can do is stay tuned........

I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

One of the Google Alerts I received stated, that WHEN the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did their joint tour that Stevie Nicks would be shareing the stage with 4 ex boyfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    One of the Google Alerts I received stated, that WHEN the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did their joint tour that Stevie Nicks would be shareing the stage with 4 ex boyfriends.
    That's all she's admitted to!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Someone on The Ledge says he attempted to get additional confirmation from the FM camp and was told that Stevie might not be 100% on board... let's hope she doesn't "nix" this thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    That's all she's admitted to!
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Let's face Stevie is beautiful, talented, an icon of seventies rock. What man stands a chance?

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

hey Nancy I like your Eagles board! This is Kelly from BN! So here is where you have been hiding

I don't know about this ~ Stevie should not do anything she is not comfortable with ~ I am worried about Joe Walsh upsetting her!! He said some mean stuff about her back in the nineties even tho she always says nice things about him... Also maybe Lindsey would get upset if he had ot play Leather & Lace. It must be hard for him to see her sing with Don Henley because Don was Stevie's first boyfriend after Lindsey. Plus I saw the Two Voices show in 2005 and DOn was really boring until Stevie came out and then he got some energy ~ no offense Don fans!! I have never seen the Eagles tho so maybe he is different with them.

Hey Kelly! Welcome!

I think Stevie will be just fine. She must be on good terms with Joe since she's always talking about their "great love." And Lindsey can deal with playing Leather and Lace. He's done it before (at the City of Hope benefit in 1982). Besides, Stevie has said her relationship with Lindsey was a "great love" as well, but not her relationship with Don.... although they are obviously close friends now. Maybe that will make Lindsey feel better.

Heck, they might not even do L&L! It's kind of an intimate song, and it's hard to imagine six people milling about on the stage behind Stevie and Don as they sing it, lol.

Well we know that Lindsey can be jealous but you're right ~ he is the great love! That doesn't mean he wants to watch Stevie and Don sing to each other while he plays guitar!