Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Maybe they need to put Lindsey's wife in the front row as a reminder that he has moved on and has a family that from what you read he is very happy with.

Yeah, not just Lindsey but all her ex-boyfriends are married with kids now. I think it's safe to say that the drama will not be what it might have been at one time.

Again, if this happens, all parties involved have ok'ed it and so no one need worry about their ability to "handle" it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I still find it hard to believe either band would want to do this. Maybe for one show but a tour??????? Why?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, in order for this tour to happen, I would think all of the 'players' involved here have moved on in their personal lives. I doubt if any of them would be willing to subject themselves to such awkwardness and discomfort if this were not the case. Stevie's only regret may be that when she takes the stage, she'll look at Glenn, Timothy, and John and wonder 'hmmm - too bad I didn't get to know these guys better'. Of course, I'm just kidding about that last part.

I know there must be lots of details that have to be worked out to make this happen as evidenced by all the speculating we're doing in this thread. But, hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer to find out if this thing is a go or not. However, us long-time Eagles fans know that patience is a virtue.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    Maybe they need to put Lindsey's wife in the front row as a reminder that he has moved on and has a family that from what you read he is very happy with.
    I don't believe everything I read.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Again, if this happens, all parties involved have ok'ed it and so no one need worry about their ability to "handle" it.
    Lindsey OK'ed the Tango in the Night tour in 1987, and they started scheduling dates... then he got in a fight with Stevie, had a huge meltdown, and backed out... that was 10 years after they 'broke up' and he was with someone else...

Stuck on the Border

Are you saying you don't believe Lindsey is currently happy with his family? I don't know what to make of that. I would not presume that much.

I think we should remember that IF (and it is a very big if) the two bands share a stage at all, it would only be for a couple of songs.

Surely they would do at least a couple songs together, if this happens. Otherwise, the act that went on first would appear to simply be an opening act. Plus, what a wonderful, rare opportunity it would be!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Lindsey watched Don & Stevie sing L&L to each other in Dec 2001 at the Arizonia Heart Institute Stevie & Friends Benefit Concert in Phoenix. I was there and he did fine.

Joe isn't the only one who has dissed Miss Stevie. Don did it too not to long ago-said something like "I don't know who she is anymore." Sounds like spoiled grapes on both men's part if you ask me. People who have been dumped tend to bash the one that dumped them. Just sayin'.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Stuck on the Border

After a pleasant Boxing Day at my mother's having consumed champagne and now on a Stella Artois, so I am somewhat 'mellow'..... can I say I would like to hear Glenn & Lindsey duet on Go Your Own Way and/or Heartache Tonight. I would hope it wouldn't be all 'Don and Stevie' interesting though that would be.

Out of interest, Mick Fleetwood will be back here in February with his own Blues Band.

ETA: This is a first - it's 10.23 pm on December 26 and I'm the only member on line!
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-26-2009 at 07:24 AM.

Had the local classic rock radio station on at work the other day, and after they played The Long Run the DJ commented on the Eagles/ Fleetwood Mac tour this coming summer. Must be a done deal if they're talking about it on the radio.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.