Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

PM, unfortunately, radio stations get stuff wrong all the time. However, I am allowing myself to get more and more hopeful that this will happen!

CL, Stevie has never said that she dumped Don, as far as I know. It's unclear exactly who left whom there. I get the impression that he just kind of stopped sending the booty-call jet for her after the unplanned pregnancy and abortion took the shine off the rose for both of them - that there was no real breakup per se, just a breaking off of contact until it became obvious that it was over without the words ever having to be said. That's just speculation derived from reading a lot of interviews, though.

As for Joe, the breakup went down with her giving him an ultimatum, him giving her one in return, and the whole thing crumbling as a result. She left him because he wasn't willing to get serious, so if anything he broke her heart, not vice versa. He still acted like a douche by insulting her regularly for the next few years onstage and on radio programs, but unless I'm mistaken, that stopped when he sobered up in 1994/1995.

In fact, I don't think either guy has dissed her recently. Or did I miss something?

Stevie only speaks of Don and Joe in glowing terms. They are lucky she is so kind, generous, and forgiving, because they've both done her wrong.

What's past is past, though, and they're both better men now. Heck, in the case of Don, Stevie now calls him a close friend. According to her, he's one of the first people she called when she was in New York on September 11, 2001. That says a lot.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I can't remember where I heard/read this, but with Walsh and Nicks, my understanding was that they were "enabling" each other with drugs, realized it or one of them did, and knew that at that particular time, they were going to both go down if they didn't split.

I'm just recalling that....not looking directly at any documentation about it. But it is pretty vivid in memory (such as it is).

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Mike - I think you are right. Here is the link to a thread where we had a pretty extensive discussion here about Joe and Stevie's relationship. It was apparently pretty intense.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=209

Now, as far as how all this personal drama would play out if the two bands do tour, I have to think that all of them have moved on and would be able to deal with it in a mature, professional manner. If that is not the case, then I don't think the tour will happen at all.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Another news story - it sounds more definitive, but I'm still waiting for an official announcement.

Eagles/Fleetwood Mac Tour - JamBase.com

i got my rolling stone magazine today in the mail and they mentioned the tour on pg 18. its the Jan 21 issue. i'm getting pretty excited, now we just wait for ticket prices and dates lol

Hey - do you mind telling us what it says exactly? In other words, is it confirmed as happening? Thanks!

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac Prep Tour:

Two giants of Seventies rock - the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac - are planning a joint tour for next summer. The outing will hit stadiums and arenas, and will include multinight stands in some markets. "Any time you have two stars on a package, it becomes a bigger evening," says Billy Joel's booking agent Dennis Arfa of Artist Group International. "The problem is that when you go into stadiums, it's harder to sell to the baby-boomer audience." Both groups have toured extensively in recent years; Fleetwood Mac hit the road in 2009, without a new album to support, and grossed $63 million over 59 shows. Touring behind 2007's Long Road Out Of Eden, the Eagles grossed $57 million over 50 nights in 2008.

Thanks!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks S07! This is really sounding like it's going to happen. Surely a giant like RS wouldn't be putting this out if it were iffy.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I still find this a bit incredulous . I think the writer is right about baby boomers and stadiums and also about saving now for the, no doubt, insane ticket price that will be coming our way - LOL.