Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You know, the concept of the double bill is hardly unheard of.... or did you consider Don Henley to be Stevie Nicks' opening act during their tour in 2005?

Do you think he was? He was on first every night, wasn't he? Therefore yes, as I see it, he was the opening act.

The problem as I see it is that both bands would have to play shorter sets - probably around 90 minutes each. Yet again the Eagles would drop either their newer songs or their acoustic set.

As for 'let's have a Don/Stevie duet' where does that leave the other members of both bands? As for them doing songs together... I cannot see Glenn in particular agreeing to that. It would mean changing the setlist, God forbid.

I just saw Fleetwood Mac and I really enjoyed myself, but my primary loyalty is to the Eagles and I would prefer they didn't do this, to be honest.

I think it would be a great concert. They Should do it.

Stuck on the Border

Well, I am in the minority here, so I will make no further comment, except that as GH said, neither band need each other to sell tickets.

It's not a matter of whether or not they need each other to make money; it's a matter of whether or not they can make MORE money together than apart.

Maybe it would be worth their while to do a handful of these dates, billed as "special events," if not an all-out full-length tour.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Unless I missed something, the story doesn't say where this info is coming from. I have to wonder where this info came from and how reliable it is. It just doesn't sound plausible to me at all. That's not to say it wouldn't be the most awesome show I ever saw (and I vow I would be there for that) but I am highly doubtful it will ever happen. I could see maybe a show for a charity event or something like that, but an actual tour of stadiums--nah!! Hate to be a Doubting Thomas-but I rather doubt that there are even "talks" being held about it. Someone's fantasy and that's about it.

That being said---hopefully I will be proven wrong!

ETA: PM that was great reasoning for how to decide who to put on first!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

LiveDaily is owned by Irving Azoff. Could be a "test the waters" type thing, but it's for real.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I guess I knew that didn't I? So I stand corrected but I really still do not see it happening except in our fantasy world here on the Border. Time will tell tho.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the tour and heart crossed for them to bring it to Jacksonville.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..somehow, I can't imagine this happening...it's not like one band needs the other to sell tickets...and I would rather hear each band seperately, doing a 3 hour show, than, what, a 60 minute show each..then last set together?????...or a Don/Stevie duet?????
    I would also rather see the bands at separate shows and get the full blast show from each. It might be fun to see them all on one stage together for a song but otherwise - nope.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hmmmmmm, I really don't know what to think about this. I really can't see it happening for some reason. Neither band needs the other to sell their tickets, but of course, we all know they all need more money!

I would prefer to see each band separately. And I can't see the Eagles sharing a stage with FM or anyone for that matter. Ever! Not there's any problem between them or anything. Just that they don't need to.

I can't even imagine the cost of a ticket if it did happen! Which probably lets me out anyway!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten