Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

I see a common theme here about, "neither needing the other to sell tickets". That never even occured to me. I think it's just about selling more tickets. These stadiums hold so many people, why not fill them up to max capacity.

Billy Joel doesn't need Elton John to sell tixs, or vice versa, but they play a double bill. Fan's feel elated to see both of these guys on the same stage. I see Eagles and FM no differently.

BTW, I wouldn't go out of my way to see FM, but it they played w/the Eagles, yes, I would see them.

OK, allowing myself to fantasize about this a bit...

I would love to see them playing the encore together. I think Don would be only too happy to surrender the drums to Mick. John, who likes to stay in the shadows, can do the bass parts while Tim focuses on vocals. I can see them all doing Don't Stop. It used to be a Christine/Lindsey duet, they could perhaps make it an Eagle/Mac member duet. At the end, Glenn, Don, Tim, Joe, and Stevie would be singing "ooooh..... don't ya look back...." while Lindsey does the solo....

AWESOMENESS.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I honestly can't envisage this. I know Don has sung Fleetwood Mac songs but the other Eagless haven't. You would basically have Fleetwood Mac playing and the Eagles doing backing vocals. For it to work at all Fleetwood Mac would also have to do an Eagles song on which the Eagles played and Mac sang. Take It Easy would be obvious if you want an encore.

Elton John/Billy Joel is a true double bill where they do solo sets and a set together. I don't see how the Eagles and Mac could play a set together.

I don't really understand why they couldn't play a set together or why it would be so difficult. The Eagles could lose their backup band for that set and Lindsey and Joe could play guitar, with Lindsey playing Don F's (or SS) parts on Eagles songs. Like Nancy said, Don would gladly give up the drums. Glenn plays acoustic so he can fit in with whatever they do musically. Tim can play acoustic as well or just sing. Vocally I don't see it as being much different than when you watch old school videos of artists all coming out and jamming/singing together to end concerts. All they would have to do is several songs, switching lead vocalists on parts and the rest singing backup. I think it could be great!

Stuck on the Border

Glenn doesn't always play acoustic. I'm not sure that Don and Tim should just 'give up' bass and drums just to be backing singers - although God knows Don does not exactly play drums for the majority of the Eagles' set any more.

We are talking about the Eagles here, the band that refused to participate in the traditional jam at the end of the Hall of Fame ceremony. The only time they have vaguely approached anything like this is when they played with the Dixie Chicks.

Suggest some songs that you think both bands would wish to play together. I am sorry to be so negative about this but I really don't think it would work.

Having seen them twice now, I do realize that Glenn doesn't always play acoustic but he does normally play a "rhythm" part. I don't know a whole lot of FM songs so I'd leave that to Nancy but you're right...Take It Easy would work well for an Eagles song. But I honestly think they could do anything. If it's a song, for instance, that Don sings lead on...have Don sing a verse and someone from FM sing a verse. I think they could trade off on LITFL, Long Run, they could bring back Seven Bridges Road or Hole In The World and sing that together, Take It To The Limit, Already Gone, Witchy Woman.....like I said....I think they could make it work on pretty much anything. And in addition to all that, add some covers of people that they are fans of or are influenced by. We already know that Don likes to do that at his solo shows. Don and Stevie also did a few songs together on their tours. They could perform those as a group and maybe switch up who's singing what. You can make anything work if you want to. And if they did this then I would sure assume they want to. If they don't then obviously it doesn't matter. lol

ETA: It isn't a matter of them "giving it up." I don't think Don would mind having someone else play at all, since he already does that most of the time. And that's not to say that they would have to give it up for the entire thing. Trade off....just like when we were kids and wanted to play with the same toy...we'd all take turns

Stuck on the Border

Maleah, this might perhaps work if it were Don guesting with Fleetwood Mac. I notice that all the songs you suggest are sung by Don with the exception of Already Gone (no longer in the Eagles' setlist) and Take It To The Limit. as well as the fact that Don does the solo part of 7BR. I could perhaps envisage them all doing 7BR or HITW.

I will be honest here. If such a scenario were to happen, I can see Glenn marginalising himself even more than he already has, and I am afraid that I don't want to see that. (Of course I won't - they would not bring such a show down here - but it's the principle of the thing).

I mentioned mostly Don because if I hadn't then it would have been Glenn giving up his fewer lead vocals but I could also see it working with Lyin Eyes, Peaceful Easy Feeling, What Do I Do With My Heart, Tequila Sunrise, Good Day In Hell, Somebody, etc etc

ETA: Yes I mentioned some that the guys don't perform anymore....but they're still their songs that they could perform if need be

No worries though FP, at this point I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. I would doubt this would ever get any further than the initial talks.

Going back to earlier comments, although I like Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks, I'd rather see a full length Eagles show than a double bill where they both played a shortened set or played each others songs together.
    Just my personal view.

FP, it is not an abomination for the Eagles to share the spotlight with others.

You seem to be very concerned about hierarchy, that it be clearly established the the Eagles are "superior" to Fleetwood Mac in every way. They must go last at every show. They must not sing backup at any time, not even for part of a song. They must not allow the members of Fleetwood Mac to play any of the key instruments while they are onstage together.

However, Don has already demonstrated he does not share this mentality in his "Two Voices" tour with Stevie Nicks. Joe currently is making special appearances at TSO shows just as he did with Kenny Chesney and has done with other artists... sharing the spotlight. As for easy-going Timothy, do you really think he would be indignant at the notion that the quiet, unassuming John McVie play bass on a couple songs when they're both onstage?

So we get to the crux of the matter - Glenn. I know you are very concerned that Glenn assert himself as "in charge" at all times. However, I think Glenn is not in the grip of such a compulsive need. That type of behavior would indicate a lack of maturity and self-confidence, two things I believe Glenn possesses in spades.

Perhaps Glenn respects the members of Fleetwood Mac and does not consider performing with them to be beneath him. Imagine that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten