Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

I really think this is going to happen. I don't see livenation just tossing that around. I have zero misconception that the two bands will be playing together as one band. That would mean they would have to learn each others set lists. At this point in the game, I don't see either band doing such.

What I do see is Stevie/Don doing either an opening song, or the final song with FM then going straight into the Eagles set. I can see both bands on stage for a melody finale. Maybe three or four songs w/everyone on stage rockin' out.

They must have thought this out pretty well, because there are a million questions people will want to know. How freaking expensive is this double bill gonna be? You know the diehards for each band will want to have premium seats, so that drives up the price w/two sets of people wanting only one set of seats. It's gonna be something like twenty-five bucks a song at this rate!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I have to agree with ltlh here, I can't fathom how much this will cost to see. I said earlier I would try and be there if it happened without thinking it thru. Actuality is that I will have to wait for the dvd! Besides, remember I vowed not to pay even the price of an Eagles ticket ever again so I sure will not pay double. Someone has to make a stand against the high price of concert tickets. Do you hear me Mr Azoff?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Just saw this on The Ledge.... Looks like it's gonna happen after all!

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac team up

Stadiums could be in for a treat in 2010 with a monster co-bill that’s gearing up to take flight.

Sources close to Eagles and Fleetwood Mac have confirmed exclusively to Pollstar that they are routing a tour, as was previously reported to be under consideration on livedaily.com.

The bands have apparently been looking into a trek through arenas, baseball and football stadiums coast to coast.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I have to agree with ltlh here, I can't fathom how much this will cost to see. I said earlier I would try and be there if it happened without thinking it thru. Actuality is that I will have to wait for the dvd! Besides, remember I vowed not to pay even the price of an Eagles ticket ever again so I sure will not pay double. Someone has to make a stand against the high price of concert tickets. Do you hear me Mr Azoff?
    The venues are going to be much larger so maybe the ticket prices won't have to be any higher than they are now. Oh well. I won't have to worry. I'm sure they won't be coming anywhere near my neck of the woods. I'll just have to enjoy the concerts vicariously through my fellow Borderers who do go .

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    The venues are going to be much larger so maybe the ticket prices won't have to be any higher than they are now.

They don't "have" to be that high now... but it's Irving... he'll go as high as he can if people will pay it!

Oh wow - how exciting is this?! I guess they still have the ability to surprise us. I think it's fantastic. And clearly they don't need the money. Maybe they just want to do it!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Too bad they don't take that mindset with ticket prices...."we're going to charge a lot less for tickets because we don't need the money"

lol! Yeah - that'll be the day.

But, if I was part of one of the world's biggest bands, and was friendly with another, and appreciated their music - I'd think it would be awesome to do a few shows together! Why not?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

So, I'm back to fantasizing about what songs they could do together, perhaps as an encore....

I still maintain "Don't Stop" would be a great choice, as I explained earlier.

They could also do "Take It Easy" Kirshner style, adding some extra harmonies to give the extra vocalists something to do - Stevie could sing Linda's part, Lindsey could sing Jackson's.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kTAT4vj_hI[/ame]

Leather and Lace is also an option, of course.

The idea of the bands performing together is the most exciting aspect of this whole double-bill!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    FP, it is not an abomination for the Eagles to share the spotlight with others.

You seem to be very concerned about hierarchy, that it be clearly established the the Eagles are "superior" to Fleetwood Mac in every way. They must go last at every show. They must not sing backup at any time, not even for part of a song. They must not allow the members of Fleetwood Mac to play any of the key instruments while they are onstage together.

However, Don has already demonstrated he does not share this mentality in his "Two Voices" tour with Stevie Nicks. Joe currently is making special appearances at TSO shows just as he did with Kenny Chesney and has done with other artists... sharing the spotlight. As for easy-going Timothy, do you really think he would be indignant at the notion that the quiet, unassuming John McVie play bass on a couple songs when they're both onstage?

So we get to the crux of the matter - Glenn. I know you are very concerned that Glenn assert himself as "in charge" at all times. However, I think Glenn is not in the grip of such a compulsive need. That type of behavior would indicate a lack of maturity and self-confidence, two things I believe Glenn possesses in spades.

Perhaps Glenn respects the members of Fleetwood Mac and does not consider performing with them to be beneath him. Imagine that!
    Soda, you make some very valid points here. My objections have nothing to do with either hierarchy (that the Eagles rank higher) or with the 'Glenn has to be in charge' thing.

If the inevitable 'Don and Stevie should do Leather & Lace' question arises
    - well yes. Let's repeat what they did for their Two Voices tour - her songs sung with him, his songs sung with her. They do not need the other members of the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to do that.

Of course if there were a shared set it would be expected that Mick & John would play bass & drums for the simple reason that neither of them sing. I can understand that and it makes sense to me, though I repeat that if there were a shared set I would be uneasy if Tim in particular were only able to sing harmonies.

I also remember a comment made by Lindsey when he said 'at least we talk to each other. We're not the Eagles'. I'm still recovering from seeing Lindsey dominate the stage two weeks ago. Why would he want to downplay his own role? Would he want to do some guitar duets with Joe? I can see that, I admit. The two of them together would be dynamic.

As far as Glenn is concerned if they were to share a stage I don't know what he would do except play acoustic guitar and sing harmonies. I can't see him singing lead on any songs at all in this scenario. Also, he, unlike the other three Eagles, does NOT do guest appearances with other artists. The Dixie Chicks was the only time. He just doesn't do it. I know why you think I'm harping on the 'in charge' thing but honestly, that is not my concern. My concern is that he would have nothing to do. And sad though it is, he's my favourite Eagle (NO KIDDING)! and yes, that, is the crux of it, but not quite the way you said, though I know what you meant.

I am not having a go at Fleetwood Mac because I made it quite clear that I loved their show. But it was THEIR show. The idea of them sharing the spotlight with the Eagles or vice versa .... why?

I have made it clear that I am not in favour of this, but I suppose I will now have to give it the benefit of the doubt.