Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

These people are professional musicians. I think they would all be able to find something to do...

I always enjoy seeing musicians play as one, example, The Concert for George. Paul McCartney played backup for Eric Clapton during a song. It was great! And who doesn't love the show Crossroads, made specifically for the purpose of allowing different artists to join together onstage and play music. This is what these people live for!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I haven't been on in a few days, so I've missed a bit! I get the impression this show has got a great chance to come to my area...what with the NEW Meadowlands/Giants Stadium set to open in May (by Bon Jovi), and of course there's always Madison Square Garden if they indeed add arenas to the venues. I think it would be AWESOME to see them both together...I've never seen the Mac, so this would be a great opportunity. Reading over the suggestions, I think Seven Bridges Road would be wonderful to hear them do together!! (or the Eagles do solo...I'm not picky! )

PM, too funny about deciding who goes first!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I think it's great. I'm hoping they come within a reasonable distance, I would hate to miss this.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    These people are professional musicians. I think they would all be able to find something to do...

I always enjoy seeing musicians play as one, example, The Concert for George. Paul McCartney played backup for Eric Clapton during a song. It was great! And who doesn't love the show Crossroads, made specifically for the purpose of allowing different artists to join together onstage and play music. This is what these people live for!

I think you miss the extremely specific point that I made. I think three members of the Eagles would have no problem doing this. I cannot envisage Glenn doing it. He would have to come right out of his comfort zone. I suppose he would be happy if it would give him yet another excuse to drop more of his lead vocals, which I believe is what would happen. 'The really popular Eagles and Mac songs are sung by Don and Stevie. We'll play those'.

I also think people seem to be forgetting that if this was to happen the Eagles would yet againhave to cut their show short, which would mean yet again dropping the new songs and/or the acoustic set.

I'm sorry to be such a wet blanket because it appears the majority of Borderers are looking forward to it. Also perhaps we are anticipating too much in thinking there would be a joint performance.

In any case, I won't see it. I just hope and pray they do a proper full length tour of Asia/Australia after they have finished this tour.

No offense FP, But You seem to have a negative opinion on this show. Why would it bother Glenn if he had to share vocals?

Stuck on the Border

It WOULDN'T bother him. Read what I said. I said 'it would give him another excuse to drop more of his lead vocals'. In his usual generous manner, he would drop his vocals so the others would have more. He would assume the crowd would be there to see Don sing with Stevie. Every tour, he appears happy to drop more and more of his leads. This would exacerbate it. He wouldn't mind - but I would. Not that it matters.

Yes, I have a 'negative' opinion of it, and I won't say any more about it.

Sorry

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I 'The really popular Eagles and Mac songs are sung by Don and Stevie. We'll play those'.
    I don't agree w/this. I think the some of the best and most popular songs are song by Glenn; Take it Easy, Tequila Sunrise, Lyin' Eyes. IMO, I think Christine McVie is a better singer than Stevie... but since she isn't w/the band anymore, that's not really an issue in this case.

I know I'm bursting some bubbles here, but I just do not see the two bands meshing all their members on one stage for three hours. It's going to be two sets.

As for Glenn giving up leads... I wish he'd give one up to Timothy so we could hear more than the token three songs he's allowed.

...well my husband says this would be a dream come true if we could somehow manage to see one of these concerts, but I'm not as excited as he is...60 minutes or so of Eagles music is certainly NOT enough for me...and well you have to wonder what great songs would be cut out...quite a few I imagine...and although I like Fleetwood Mac, I wonder what their concerts are usually like....will it be a 'sit down" show for the Eagles and then an "up and dancing" show for them?....of course, if we COULD ever manage to get tickets somewhere, I would definately go...but I would much rather see 2 different concerts........

I don't know what more to say about this. Glenn Frey would not have to "come out of his comfort zone" to play with additional musicians onstage for a song or two. He's the leader of the band for gosh sakes. If this is for real he had to okay it. I'm sorry if I am offending you FP, but you are hypersensitive about what Glenn would be able to do instead of seeing the big picture of enjoying both bands playing together. With this attitude I'm surprised you don't wish Glenn Frey would just be a solo artist.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.