Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I don't know what more to say about this. Glenn Frey would not have to "come out of his comfort zone" to play with additional musicians onstage for a song or two. He's the leader of the band for gosh sakes. If this is for real he had to okay it. I'm sorry if I am offending you FP, but you are hypersensitive about what Glenn would be able to do instead of seeing the big picture of enjoying both bands playing together. With this attitude I'm surprised you don't wish Glenn Frey would just be a solo artist.

Yes, he's the leader of the Eagles and yes, he has to OK it, and yet again, he will push himself back even further. I can't help being concerned about this, I'm afraid. To do this he has to break a habit which has lasted for the entire reunion period. Ironically of course, the first time I saw him he guested with LRB. I am well aware that he can play with other artists.

There is no point in wishing he was a solo artist when he has not made a solo record since 1992 and shows absolutely no signs of doing so.

If you read my reply to Soda's post I was trying to see the positive side of them playing together. I concede that it would be fun to see it at least for a couple of songs. But I think it would be much more fun for fans of the other Eagles than it would be for Frey fans.

Where is my evidence? The evidence of each tour where the number of Glenn's lead vocals decreases, by his own apparent wish. If that is what he wants to do it has to be accepted, I suppose, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I really am not going to say any more on this subject. Sorry.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-16-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Hey, it's not like the Eagles aren't going to do full-length concerts as well during the rest of the year. This is just a few special dates.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

And how many chances do you get to see best of both worlds?

Stuck on the Border

For the last time, I have no objections to them touring with Fleetwood Mac except that they would be shorter shows and I have reservations on what they would do if the two bands were to share the stage. The 'best of both worlds' thing does not apply to me. I just saw Fleetwood Mac and I expect to see the Eagles probably next November.

I was just saying that for those who haven't seen both.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But I think it would be much more fun for fans of the other Eagles than it would be for Frey fans.

Where is my evidence? The evidence of each tour where the number of Glenn's lead vocals decreases, by his own apparent wish. If that is what he wants to do it has to be accepted, I suppose, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
    Trust me, it's not going to more fun for me, a Timothy fan. His three songs will probably get cut to one, two if we are lucky. I started as a Glenn fan, (still am), but I feel he gets tons of stage time. I'm too lazy to pull up their LROOE set list to see how many each of the guys have, but if someone else wants too, bring it on. I can't believe Glenn has cut back that much. Again... try being a TBS fan, you get a few scraps and like it.

I have a favorite too...I love it when Joe lights up the stage. But to enjoy the band you have to be an Eagles fan first. I love the Eagles as a whole more than any of the individuals who make up the band, so I'm not constantly concerned about how much time each one is getting.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hmmmmm--(clearing throat)----Pleeeeez!!! Ltlh---is so very right---been a Tim fan for over 30 years-I was so frickin' happy to see LROOE and realize he actually had 2 songs on a double album! Of course they can't both possibly be played at a concert tho-what would we be thinking to think he would actually get a chance to sing more than 3 songs live with other Eagles on stage with him. I do consider us Tim fans pretty d*mn lucky right now because we are getting a few scattered solo shows. I know that Glenns done more solo shows than Tim probably ever will-tho, as you point out FP, it's been a very long time. Case in point (kinda), Eagles Radio--don't know who picks the songs but even there they play everyone's solo stuff but guess who's! He's the only Eagle with brand spanking new songs out and not a once have any of them been played on EAGLES RADIO! What the h*ll does that tell you. I've said enough because I really shouldn't get started on this matter because this could turn into pages from me alone regarding solo work from an Eagle. And don't even get me started on the fact that Tim apparently took songs to the table for the album and was told they weren't liked so therefore didn't go on the album. As a Tim fan, it's extremely obvious to me who "runs the show".

That being said (way to much I'm afraid), I do somewhat agree with FP and GH-would much rather see a full Eagles show. Nothing against FM, and I would absolutely love to see Stevie live, but if I had a choice, I want my 3 hours of uninterupted Eagles songs, no matter who's singing lead.

I will be honest, I have mixed feelings on whether I want these shows to happen, for a couple reasons. The fact is, no matter how close they come, I will probably not attend one because I really want to keep all my body parts and in order to afford this show, I'm sure I'd have to sell one. Second, as silly as it seems, I think PM brings up a valid point. The Eagles & FM have 2 totally different views on audience participation-which of us here wouldn't just die if we were able to stand at the foot of the stage and TOUCH an Eagle or strum a guitar of theirs. Heaven help the poor soul that tries because you will get called out by Mr Henley in no time flat and most likely tossed to the curb.

Bitter-yes I am about some of these points. Sorry! I usually don't go on about how much each member plays or sings---I LOVE my Eagles and that's what really counts. But in case any of you have lived in a cave for the last year & a half and hadn't caught on that Tim's my fave, I thought I'd jump in and tell you all how I really feel! Anyone want to tell me how wrong I am?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I don't plan on actually getting to see one of these Eagles/Mac shows either, so I'm not basing my views on that. I just don't understand why we can't be happy and enjoy it if they want to do it. Like Soda said, they'll still be doing their LROOE tour. It's just like love...there's enough to go around. Really, there is.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

PM--don't get me wrong--I am super excited that they are going to do this. How cool is it that 2 of the biggest bands ever will be touring together. I really have no problem at all with that other than the jealousy I will surely have of anyone fortunate enough to see it.

That's not what got my tirade started! It's the whole argument about solo stuff. I'm a Timothy fan---need I say more?
    He sings it high, he plays it low