Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Default Re: Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour together?????

Personally I would love to see a FWM/Eagle tour but I seriously doubt it will happen. But then hell froze over once before didn't it. Time will tell! One can "Dream(s)". Can you just imagine the drama and the "Rumours" that will surround that tour-I mean it already has and the tour isn't even confirmed yet. WhooWee sure makes for good conversation. Stevie will totally rule that bunch of Desperados I'm sure! Love to see it. Go Stevie!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Seeing Stevie perform with the Eagles, if it should happen, would be worth the price of admission alone! She would rock the world of that boy's club!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was doing some more thinking about what songs they could play together... I've already said Don't Stop and Take It Easy, and I think Maleah's suggestion they do Seven Bridges Road is genius. Oh my gosh, just thinking of Glenn, Don, Joe, Tim, Stevie, and Lindsey harmonizing on Seven Bridges Road gives me chills.

Like Maleah says, I'm sure these professionals could find a way to arrange practically any song in their catalog to meet the needs of multiple vocalists. However, some more possibilities that come to mind for me:

Eagles songs

Heartache Tonight - they all could harmonize on the verses, Glenn lead vocal otherwise. Its fun, party feel would be great for the gang all hanging out on stage together.

Take It to the Limit - my fave Eagles song with Stevie and Lindsey on it - oh my gosh! Alternating verses with Glenn and Lindsey. It's not as if Glenn originated the vocal anyway, so it's up for grabs to share, I say!

Life in the Fast Lane - applies to the Mac too certainly! Alternating leads on verses between Don and Stevie. Perhaps Joe and Lindsey could share guitar solos.

Witchy Woman - what a hoot to have Stevie dancing around and Don and Lindsey trade vocals about the woman who will "rock you in the nighttime 'til your skin turns red." It would be too cool (yeah, I know it's not ORIGINALLY about Stevie but it would be tons of fun to apply it to her). Heck, maybe Joe could even do a verse. He can relate, too...

Fleetwood Mac songs

Say You Love Me - Lindsey has already re-arranged this Christine song to be a song that features multiple harmonies and alternating leads. Just throw the Eagles into the mix! Stevie and Lindsey usually sing it to each other, but Don could drop in and do the third verse.

Farmer's Daughter - don't really like this song, but the layered harmony leads throughout would work (it's kind of like Seven Bridges Road). They haven't done it since 1980, though, so don't know about that...

----------------

Plus, they could throw in some covers to do together. Stevie and Don did a couple of those. There's NO limit to what they can do with covers.

Something funny: Stevie likes to hug on men she duets with. It would be funny to see the look on the guys' faces as Stevie gets touchy-feely all over Don during Leather and Lace. Lindsey especially might to take some strong anti-nausea pills.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, you really have thought this through!

I especially like the Witchy Woman scenario. Somehow, I'm thinking it ain't gonna happen!

Same thing with L & L.......I don't know, I just can't imagine it happening. I just can't see these people being all warm and fuzzy together. I know, I know....they're professionals!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda, Stevie's history is with Don (and Joe in another way). Do you think she could sing alternate verses with Glenn on any songs? The problem here, again, is that most of Glenn's songs are slow ballads (I won't start on what I think of that) and don't really lend themselves to alternate verses.

For what it's worth the current breakdown of lead vocals (this includes BBF, RMW and Somebody - all of which have been dropped recentlly) is:

Don: 11 (and the DVD I refer to also includes ASWTDID which makes 12)
    Glenn: 8 (including How Long)
    Joe: 6
    Tim: 3

All: 1 (No More Walks In The Woods - on which Don is most prominent)

Stuck on the Border

Nancy...don't read the first part of my post...waiting for Nancy to look away...

Not a big fan of Stevie Nick's voice, don't know if I could listen to it for an entire show. Not without alcohol...for me, not Stevie....

...OK Nancy you can look now.

That being said -Irving...we have really nice roof on our stadium! No Christchurch here!

Willie! Don't sell off a body part when you have kids you can put up for auction!

Stevie has a great voice

Stuck on the Border

As someone who recently saw Stevie I have to say that her voice is not what it was (same with Art Garfunkel). The Herald reviewer made the point that whenever she sang with Lindsey his voice was mixed much higher and her voice disappeared. I was unfortunate to be standing right under her monitor which perhaps affected the way her voice sounded - and yet I still thought she gave a great performance on most songs, although as I said in my review she didn't seem very 'engaged'. I don't know how she'd 'engage' with Glenn and Tim as she doesn't really know either of them.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Stevie has a great voice
    As you like to say, you are entitled to your opinion.

And I am entitled to mine.

I think she sings fine. I wish I could sing like her-full out balls to the walls then little girl sweet. She gets my vote.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal