Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas Wishes

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Christmas Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

P.S. My nephews are 6, 3, and 1, and my niece is 3. For someone unused to kiddies, two is an adventure. Double that and... it should be interesting. I haven't had all my nephews and niece in the same house at the same time since before the youngest was born!
    You should come to our family Christmas, Soda! It's 'standing room only' in your average 3 bedroom home and about half the crowd is 14 and under! Babies crying, bigger tots running, screaming, laughing, and teenagers teasing the pre-teens........lots of 'fun'!!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Christmas Wishes

Oh its brilliant fun when there are kiddies around! Nancy, I'm glad you are having a great Christmas (Both parts) with your family. Its great when it can be spread over 2 or 3 days as well. Thats what we used to do, but we changed it slightly this year to suit Hubby's work roster.

FP your gifts sound lovely as well. I'm glad you are having a good time. And MF as well.

Christmas morning we had Santa Claus of course, who didn't seem to be hit by the recession at all this year. And our own family presents. Then Hubby headed into work, and my sister picked us up and brought me and e had the kids to my mum and dads where where we had another round of present opening. We had our usual dinner of Turkey, Ham, Roast potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and all the other trimmings, then Christmas pudding and/or sherry trifle for dessert. Washed down with copious quentities of wine of course. As hubby was 'on call' as acting District Officer for the Dublin region he was able to join us for dinner as well. Then headed back to work for another few hours.

Later that evening we all watched 'The Devil Loves Prada' which it after which it was pretty much bedtime!

Presents of note were (if I said them all I'd have to start a new thread)
    Digital slr Camera from Hubby, Hotel California guitar songbook from my sister, Fuschia wallet from my mum to replace the one which was stolen a few weeks ago, as well as Fuschia leather gloves. Spandau Ballet Live at the O2 DVD from my brother. AND polar bear from the kiddies made in build-a-bear and called 'Glen Eagle' (Pity about the spelling but I LOVE the name)
    We gave Laura a pink mobile phone. I think she is still on cloud 9. Santa gave Chris a Nintendo Wii which I'm still learning to use!!

All in all we had a great day.

I hope everybody else here has had a very Happy Christmas too. And of course best wishes for 2010. And of course I think too of people who are experiencing hard times or sadness this Christmas as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP