Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor/King tour

Default Taylor/King tour

I've been getting loads of emails from James Taylor lately (reckon I should call the authorities?) and today he says that he is uniting with Carole King to embark upon a 'Troubadour Reunion' tour in 2010. Kicking off in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. North American and European dates will be announced soon.

I'm so excited! I missed out on seeing him when he was here back in May, but this sounds great. He also mentions Danny Kortchmar a lot, which makes me think nice Don-related thoughts.

I'd love to know if anyone else is planning on going!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: James Taylor

If he is starting here, I might have to go. It sounds right up my street.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That does sound good. I loooooove James Taylor .

I've seen JT a bunch over the years because he is my hubby's favorite artist (well, one of them). We also saw Carole King once, and I was most pleasantly surprised. She was popular slightly before of my time in musical tastes, so I wasn't expecting to be so familiar with her work...but I was proven wrong. So, I guess the two of them together will be quite something!!
    Last edited by eaglesvet; 11-11-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I just told my husband that they were touring together & I thought that he was going to pass out! It's not likely that they'll come anywhere near to this neck of the woods though.

Default Taylor/King tour

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but Verna got all excited yesterday telling me that James Taylor and Carol King were going to do some touring.

That should be a good show!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8453899.stm

MikeA

Default Re: Taylor/King tour

My husband has subscribed to James' site for updates on this. The first concerts are in Australia. Harold was all excited last night as he got an E mail announcing concerts in the US. I think mostly East coast. He was particularly excited about Boston, as he often visits relatives in that area.

I heard yesterday that JT was playing Madison Square Garden in June (I've not heard of him playing there in ages, if at all). The tix go on sale in the next week or so, but they didnt mention Carole on the radio ad. That doesn't mean she won't be on the bill...it may have been a very brief ad. They should've mentioned her, though.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Interesting. I just went on Ticketmaster to get more info. They list JT and Carole together in Illinois, Ohio, Boston, Florida, Canada (I think... check again)...but not in NYC at all. Not even the show I just heard about, that was supposed to go on sale very soon--neither solo or together. Will have to wait for further developments!
    ~Eva~

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

They're coming to Portland too! but Im not sure I can afford tickets Im kind of saving up for another concert in the spring