Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite songs Glenn has covered

Default Favorite songs Glenn has covered

I was thinking of all those great old songs Glenn has covered, and I thought it would be interesting to see which are the biggest hits around here. So... which of the songs he's covered is your favorite?

Released
    I've Been Born Again
    Sea Cruise
    Wild Mountain Thyme
    Who's Been Sleepin' in My Bed

Live (some of these he only did once)
    Slow Down
    My Girl
    Rocky Mountain Way
    His Latest Flame (Marie's the Name)
    Let The Good Times Roll
    Blue Light Boogie
    Show Biz Kids
    Some Kind of Wonderful
    I Hear You Knockin'
    634-578
    I Saw Her Standing There
    I Love to Watch a Woman Dance
    I'll Come Runnin' Back to You

Note: Most of these live covers are on bootlegs. Some of the songs I've posted on GFO (scroll to the solo stuff, both the audio and video sections): http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downl...imedialive.htm and you can find a couple more on The Fastlane here: http://www.eaglesfans.com/downloads/....htm#freymusic .

Let me know if I forgot any!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oops - forgot to put mine!

My favorite released one is Who's Been Sleepin' in My Bed. He really pulls off that bluesy vocal.

The live ones are harder. I guess, if pressed, I'd say it's a tie between the way he does My Girl and I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. The first is absolutely charming and the latter is VERY sexy.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Sadly I don't know most the these songs. I need to go to GFO in order to listen to some once more. All I can say is I really love Wild Mountain Thyme.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've only heard a few, so I'm going to have to do my homework too, to pick a favorite. Of the released ones I think I pick Wild Mountain Thyme.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Looks like this will turn into a learning experience, lol. But it's always good to get Frey-edified!

I've had the pleasure of hearing "I Saw Her Standing There" and "Rocky Mountain Way" (w/ Joe) live and in person (Party of Two) and they were cool but I really like "Ive Been Born Again" 'cause I just think it's cute.

I'd love to hear "I Love To Watch A Woman Dance". sigh
    What d'ya say we pack up that Camaro, honey, and chase the sun until we're free.

My favorite is Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed although I really enjoyed hearing him do I Hear You Knockin'. I can only imagine how good My Girl sounds.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Stuck on the Border

I have a few thoughts, unsurprisingly:

Overall my favourite cover is probably Wild Mountain Thyme. It is one of the most intense, committed performances I have ever seen, and the audience are as involved in it as Glenn is.

My Girl is perfect for instantly turning yourself into a puddle of goo. It just makes you smile. He changes the line 'I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the tree' to 'I've got a sweeter song TO SING...' sigh!

Some Kind Of Wonderful is a great uptempo thing in which again the audience is heavily involved.

I love I Hear You Knockin' because it's a great 'kiss off' song & Glenn is superb at those. I love the way he sings it.

I had the privilege to see 6345789 back in 1988 so that's special.

ALL of them are special! Will this do?!

I like all of his released covers. You may not be surprised to learn that my favourite is Wild Mountain Thyme. I love the haunting Celtic melody - it evokes nostalgic memories of trips to the west coasts of Scotland and Ireland, but it's the way he sings it so tenderly that really gets me.

I haven't heard all of the unreleased ones, but of the ones I know I love I Hear You Knocking, Rocky Mountain Way and to hear him sing Show Biz Kids was quite a revelation.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I definitely appreciate the beauty of his Wild Mountain Thyme as well - especially when he has the crowd singing with him. It's a great moment.