Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices

I usually just read the posts and never post anything but this thread caught my eye.

He's probably not on the radar of most Eagles fans, but Trent Reznor posted an excellent piece on his forum last summer when the discussion came up about scalping and people getting tickets before they go on-sale.

He ran his ticketing system perfectly for the past several tours. Register (for free) on his site, purchase great...and I mean GREAT seats...for $45-60 and minimal service charge at a "fan club-only" presale. The tickets are held at the venue and are picked up the day of the show. A NIN representative runs a separate will-call window. Once you get your tickets by providing a picture id you are made to enter the arena immediately. There is no chance of scalping the seats. The past five times we've seen NIN perform using this system we've never been further than the 7th row. The last tour he even allowed us to bring in digital SLRs and detachable lenses as long as they were under 20" extended.

Here's the link to his explanation of how a lot of bands and promoters handle ticketing:

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?59,548515

Welcome, TheOtherOne!

Thanks for that link. Very informative and revealing. I'd seen it before, but it's good to have a refresher on it.

The truth is, if the Eagles wanted to put the effort and time into it, they could control scalping as NIN did... but they choose not to. Heck, Ticketmaster PARTNERS with scalpers now. I guess you can't blame them for wanting to make as much money as possible. That's capitalism!

Kind of makes you wish you were a NIN fan instead, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, TheOtherOne. Glad you found us. I appreciate and respect the stand that Trent Reznor has taken, and wish more acts would follow his lead. However, it's a viscious circle. You would hope that Ticketmaster/LiveNation would implement measures to stop the practice, but instead they participate. As Trent said in his comments, the only thing that is going to stop the scalpers once and for all is if fans just stopped buying these tickets. However, that's not likely to happen because the demand is there for those seats. My personal feeling is that more legislation needs to be passed to regulate these practices.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

WAY TO GO TRENT!!!! (and yes TheOtherOne---I am one of those rare Eagles fans that also love groups like NIN, Marilyn Manson and Tool to name a few).
    Kudos to Trent for stepping up to the plate to do this for his fans. He obviously cares a great deal for his fans despite the ol' mighty $$$$!

Said it before and will continue to say it...It sickens me the way Azoff has Ticketb*stard and Live Nation running with the scalpers. And you are right in saying it will continue because people will continue to pay those prices from scalpers. I for one will never do it again! Might not make a difference in their sales and most definitely will go unnoticed but I will pat myself on the back and assure myself I'm doing the right thing. I will continue to see concerts where I don't have to pay those amounts. There are LOTS of groups out there to see that don't have those asking prices. I've seen quite a few of them and have come away feeling extremely happy with the experience!

The only thing that continues to hurt is the fact that the Eagles are my favorite group of all time for 35 years now and to think I will never see them again live because of the greediness (and I truly believe that is what it is!) saddens me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

Thanks for the welcomes.

I've been reading just about every section of this board since we bought tickets for the Raleigh show. My wife and I have never seen the Eagles live and decided to bite the bullet and get tickets for this tour. We almost didn't get them because of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    (and yes TheOtherOne---I am one of those rare Eagles fans that also love groups like NIN, Marilyn Manson and Tool to name a few).
    Heh, I knew there was at least one other person out there like me.

Welcome TOT. Hope you continue to enjoy The Border. What kind of seats were you able to get?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherOne View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes.

I've been reading just about every section of this board since we bought tickets for the Raleigh show. My wife and I have never seen the Eagles live and decided to bite the bullet and get tickets for this tour. We almost didn't get them because of the price.
    Welcome to The Border TOO! Glad you found us!

Enjoy the show. Since you've never seen them you are in for a treat! Be sure to report back here and tell us what you thought about it. We love hearing about all their shows from the fans!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

We have seats about halfway down the side and maybe around a quarter of the way up the section. I don't have the tickets in front of me but I'm sure we're in that vicinity.

We definitely would have liked to get a little closer but couldn't justify the extra cash.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I know what you mean. I'm going to the St. Louis show at Busch Stadium and I'm on the field, but behind the first section. But for less than half the price of the first section tickets ($225), I'm pretty happy. I just hope that the tall people are behind me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten