Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Irving Azoff News

I still haven't gotten over the "no fees" for Eagles tickets! That's why this concert in Indy is going to cost me more than the last 2 I went to-that is if I had payed face value for them. I would like to Irving right upside the head!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: Irving Azoff and/or Ticket master News

I've already gone on record (no pun intended). I've been to my last financial RAPE and that was back in 2005 when Eagles played Vegas.

I don't know how long these guys will continue. I thought that they had all kicked their habits. But it seems to me that they are as addicted to the Dollar as any of them were to their drug of choice. They have made their fortunes so the money they are demanding now isn't for putting bread on the table and cars in the garage. I think it has to be a game they are playing and Money is just the way they are keeping score.

Well, it falls on US the FANS. It isn't Azoff making the decisions. It isn't Don or Glenn making the price decisions. It is US. We have driven the prices UP by being willing to let our loyalty to them justify to us the price of attending their concerts! Azoff and the Eagles Ltd. is just taking advantage of supply and demand. They could choose NOT to do that. But everything I've read and heard about the Eagles suggests to me that they were all about money from the beginning. I don't see them lowering prices out of the goodness in their hearts.

I guarantee that if all their fans quit paying for ridiculously priced tickets, it would result either in the prices coming down or the secession of the Eagles concert tours and probably what's left of their recording careers.

They have their place in history already!

It doesn't impress me at all to know that if this group puts on a concert and charges $500 a ticket, that some swampland in Texas is going to benefit. If I felt that strongly about that marsh, I'd send a check commiserate with my concern about the project, to the foundation directly. My point is that in these economically disastrous times with people losing jobs and in the process their houses and everything they've worked a lifetime for, paying exorbitant prices for concert tickets just doesn't make any sense at all.

MikeA

Default Re: Irving Azoff and/or Ticketmaster News

Whew...Did I get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or WHAT! <LOL>

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay Mike - I'm glad you got that off of your chest.

I agree with you about this in theory. However, it's the practice part where I have a problem. As you said, it is all about supply and demand and the fact of the matter is ... there is still plenty of demand. For all kinds of reasons, people want to see these guys perform, myself included. For me, I think it is partially driven by the fact that I never got to see them live until 2004 so I feel like I'm kinda of making up for lost time. Then, there is also the knowledge that they will probably only be touring for a few more years so I want to see them as many times as I can before the 'supply' runs dry. Now, obviously, I am part of the demand - a hardcore fan who loves these guys and their music, and am willing to pay handsomely to see them. However, I totally respect and understand people who don't feel the same way as I do. But, since there are enough people out there like me that continue to "feed the fire", I really don't think that anything will change as long as the band wants to tour. It does appear as if they are going to be cutting back significantly on the number of shows that they play though.

Now, I'm thinking that this is a topic that may generate a lot of discussion. If so, we may want to move these posts to the Eagles forum.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 01-17-2010 at 01:22 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

YUP, I do agree with you IABD....they ain't gonna have to stop touring because of a lack of ticket sales any time soon.

I never expected anyone to forego Eagles concerts just because of my opinions posted in that rant <LOL>. But those are the reasons that I'll not be attending any more of them. That could change....Hell Has Frozen Over once before.

Nor do I condem or criticize those with a different "take" on the concerts. I might think differently if I had NOT seen them before (many times). And to some who might have gone to virtually EVERY concert and are lining up for more...more power to you! Seriously!

Thank GOD we each have the option to choose how to invest our money!

I mean good grief, to some, including the majority making up the membership here on The Border, owning a Les Paul would have less attraction than having Fruit Loops for breakfast rather than Frosted Flakes!

It's a personal decision (paying ticket prices) that each must make. I'm glad we have that freedom.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices

The last time I saw them the 'Diamond' ticket prices were A$550. From where I sit the American prices don't seem very expensive. I don't know what the average price for concert tickets is in the States. They come here so rarely that I will pay what they demand. I can understand it to some extent that Americans don't want to pay that much.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Irving Azoff and/or Ticket master News

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I've already gone on record (no pun intended). I've been to my last financial RAPE and that was back in 2005 when Eagles played Vegas.

I don't know how long these guys will continue. I thought that they had all kicked their habits. But it seems to me that they are as addicted to the Dollar as any of them were to their drug of choice. They have made their fortunes so the money they are demanding now isn't for putting bread on the table and cars in the garage. I think it has to be a game they are playing and Money is just the way they are keeping score.

Well, it falls on US the FANS. It isn't Azoff making the decisions. It isn't Don or Glenn making the price decisions. It is US. We have driven the prices UP by being willing to let our loyalty to them justify to us the price of attending their concerts! Azoff and the Eagles Ltd. is just taking advantage of supply and demand. They could choose NOT to do that. But everything I've read and heard about the Eagles suggests to me that they were all about money from the beginning. I don't see them lowering prices out of the goodness in their hearts.

I guarantee that if all their fans quit paying for ridiculously priced tickets, it would result either in the prices coming down or the secession of the Eagles concert tours and probably what's left of their recording careers.

They have their place in history already!

It doesn't impress me at all to know that if this group puts on a concert and charges $500 a ticket, that some swampland in Texas is going to benefit. If I felt that strongly about that marsh, I'd send a check commiserate with my concern about the project, to the foundation directly. My point is that in these economically disastrous times with people losing jobs and in the process their houses and everything they've worked a lifetime for, paying exorbitant prices for concert tickets just doesn't make any sense at all.
    Well spoken and exactly how I feel also. Now to stick with those convictions is the problem. It p*sses me off that I want to go see them so much that I will do anything to justify paying that $$. I have also said they have seen my last $$ if they are demanding that kind of money. Seeing Timothy in Chicago for a whopping $22.00 was an absolute dream come true. Never ever ever have I had a better concert deal and the fact that it was for my fave artist ever--well it brings a tear to my eye to think about it.

Larry just saw in the paper a few minutes ago that Styx is coming back about an hour away from us in February and the most expensive ticket is $67.00. I will be getting those tickets for sure and I know I will get more than my moneys worth there. Like I said in my review of the concert of theirs I went to last year--they were throwing out Styx EVERYTHING including cds and tshirts during that concert and posing for pics and even taking peoples cameras up on stage and taking pics of each other and giving them back. Now that's a group that is doing this for the love of their fans, not the ol' mighty $!!! JMO.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I don't know what Henley and Frey are charging for solo performances. You've mentioned exceptionally reasonable prices for TBS and Styx. I saw Joe and the Jame's Gang a few years ago at Mandalay Bay and I think the price was $75. The Freakin' James Gang!

Those are prices that Fans can afford. Just about ANY Fans. But that just isn't the case with the Eagles any more. One has to be either rich or willing to make a budget killing decision or plan it out far in advance like it was a once in a lifetime goal to see them live any more.

But it IS worth that sort of commitment for a lot of people as attested by this past tour. I recon as long as the band can keep it up at that level, they surely will.

MikeA

As I've said a couple of times, I feel lucky to have seen The Eagles twice, both during the LROOE tour. It was a dream come true, a bucket list item scratched off. Given the price of their tickets, that's enough for me.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Look, I don't like to pay the big bucks any more than anyone else, but I guess I can see it from their side. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here - nobody get mad!

Look at it this way. They're not the only businessmen who price their product at the maximum the market will bear. We like to think, because we've connected to them on an emotional level, that out of the goodness of their hearts they won't charge the most they can get, that they'll reward us for our loyalty by charging less. Is that fair though? What do we want them to do, calculate the amount of money that they have to charge to break even and stop there? Or stop at a 1% profit? 2%? Do we expect a carpenter who makes a table for $50 to charge $51 for it?

Some people complain about the degree of the profit margin. Well, what is acceptable then? Fleetwood Mac fans are outraged they pay $150. Stevie Nicks fans are outraged they pay $125. I've heard some Lindsey Buckingham fans complain if he charges more than $60. Yeah, I guess most of us would be happy if they charged like $30, but I don't think that would even cover their touring production costs.

If you don't want to pay more than $100 for a ticket, ever, that's your right. Some don't want to pay more than $75 for a ticket, ever. Some don't want to pay over $50. Again, that's their right. But the Eagles aren't bad people because they charge more than some folks' self-determined maximums.

Plus, many of the acts we laud for charging less do so because they CAN'T charge a higher price and still sell tickets. They charge less because they've got a lower market value, not out of the goodness of their hearts.

Finally, I believe these guys no longer really understand what the value of a dollar is to most people. $200 is nothing to them. They see the seats are filled, so they figure people must be able to afford their prices. It's as simple as that.

Where I get upset is the deceptive practices, the lip service given to lowering prices without any follow through, the bait-and-switch "no fees but higher prices overall" tricks, the under-the-table deals, the sanctioned scalping that takes prices into the thousands....that's what pisses me off.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten