Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices

I know what you're trying to say Soda and agree with your last couple of paragraphs definitely!! BUT as far as the whole "they don't know the value of the dollar", I find very hard to believe if for no other reason than the fact that they claim to be so up on politics and worldly events that they would certainly know that the "common" folk are struggling right now and the dollar isn't going near as far as it used to. And if they are aware of that, wouldn't it be nice to think enough of their fans who are struggling, losing their jobs, taking pay cuts, etc that they might actually want to give their fans an affordable show just to give them a few hours of fun and excitement of seeing their favorite band where they don't have to think about all the things that are going wrong in their lives right now? It's hard for me as a huge fan to sit and listen to interviews with Don (not picking on him) where he wants to cut down the politicians for excessive spending and tell us all the things they are doing wrong to the "common" people of which he seems to claim he knows so much about and then see the price of their tickets that most people can't afford.

I don't think it would be fair to ask them to take a $1 profit, of course not but I'm fairly sure they are making a hell of a lot more of a profit than that at these prices. I totally agree with the whole hidden cost thing--- if a ticket is $195.00 then it should be $195.00 not $222.00!! And if tickets go on sale at 10 am on a Monday morning and I am on the ticketmaster sight at 10:01, I should be able to pull up a decent ticket instead of one that is 100 rows back in third tier. They DO have control of that and yet nothing is ever done about it.

I can sit and b*tch about it all I want but if I'm still paying those prices I'm enabling them to keep doing it. I hope I have enough will power not to give them anymore of my money at those prices anyways.

PM--I must say I am very impressed with the fact that you can say your point short and sweet without carrying on and on like I have several times in this thread. I could take lessons from you!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

There's only 4 bands I will ever pay big bucks to see. Fortunately for me only 2 of them charge big bucks.

I have to go along with your thoughts, PM. I feel so grateful to have seen the Eagles several times during the LROOE tour. I did pay the big bucks to see them, and I don't regret a single moment. But that's it for me-I just can't see paying the big bucks again.
    I am going to see Wilco next month, and tickets were only $27! They will be playing in Philadelphia in April, and those tickets were only $35, so I'll be seeing them again. Now those prices are more my speed!

I wholeheartedly agree with Mike and Willie (and PM with the short and sweet ). I also wholeheartedly disagree that the Eagles have to charge more partially because of their touring costs. Have you ever seen a Kenny Chesney show? If he can tour the way he does and still charge under $100 per ticket, there is NO WAY that a group like the Eagles couldn't do that too. The Eagles have a nice setup, don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of other artists with a lot more extravagant (sp? lol) stage setup that charge a heck of a lot less for their tickets.

I guess the part that annoys me is when Don (God bless him, I love him dearly) howls about how politicians are greedy, blood sucking, sticky fingered individuals who prey on the common man (ok I may be paraphrasing ) and then the band sits there (and Don definently isn't cheap solo either!) and charges so much that the common man, for the majority, couldn't afford to breathe the same air outside the auditorium as the Eagles. And Don's not the only one....all of the guys are pretty outspoken politically and so on....he just happens to be the one who speaks out about it most frequently and more boldly than the others.

It's a vicious cycle, sadly. The fans are afraid they'll never see the guys perform again and the guys, I think, are quite aware of that and partially take advantage of it. But then what the heck, it's all just my opinion

So guys, all this talk about ticket prices made me curious as to whether or not they've raised prices for the California shows.

As Carol-Lynn posted in another thread, here's the ILAA prices.

ILAA 5 star:

• A choice of a ticket in the front row, or a ticket in rows 2 thru 4
    • Pre-show party, including dinner & drinks
    • Exclusive Eagles gift
    • Hassle-free entrance to venue
    • Crowd-free merchandise shopping
    • 5 Star commemorative laminate
    • On-site ILAA host
    • Parking

5 star VIP Ticket Package Price: $ 795.00 - 995.00

ILAA 4 star:

• An Eagles ticket in rows 6 & 7
    • Exclusive Eagles gift

4 star VIP Ticket Package Price: $ 595.00

Now, some info that hasn't been posted here yet. Here are the prices for the Hollywood Bowl shows... but I can only hope the top price is inflated because of the venue and that they are not going to keep charging this!

Hollywood Bowl ticket prices:
    $45.00 - $275.00

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I really must stop reading this thread-my blood preasure just rises every time I do!

Maleah--EXACTLY!!! Well written!!

5-Star VIP $1000 (okay exaggeration...$995)

That didn't even include a M&G did it?

What that does do though is make the $275 Hollywood Bowl tickets sound like a bargain!

What it makes me think though is that these "Tours" have become the prime income and the CDs that the Tours used to promote have become non consequential.

It would be interesting to see the gross from the Ticket Sales for concerts and the gross from the Music itself compared.

I do recall that in late 1976 when they started touring to promote "Hotel California", they played a few of the old hits, but the majority of the concert was taken up with tracks off of "Hotel California".

How was it with the LROE tour? Mostly old staples or was it a majority of music off of the Double CD LROE?

Don't know where I'm going with this but I can't help thinking in terms of "numbers".

MikeA

OK Mike-I'll bite because I really want to see where you're going with this.
    Here's the setlist from the last couple of years-of course we usually didn't get the first encore. 9 songs from LROOE.
    [Set 1]
    How Long
    Busy Being Fabulous*
    I Don't Want to Hear Any More
    Guilty of the Crime

Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Witchy Woman
    Lyin' Eyes
    Boys of Summer
    In the City
    The Long Run

[Intermission]

[Set 2]
    No More Walks in the Wood
    Waiting in the Weeds
    No More Cloudy Days

Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Take It to the Limit
    Long Road Out of Eden
    Somebody

Walk Away
    One of These Nights

[Band Intros]

Life's Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk #49
    Heartache Tonight
    Life in the Fast Lane

[Encore 1]**
    Rocky Mountain Way
    All She Wants to Do Is Dance

[Encore 2]
    Take It Easy
    Desperado

Well, never thought I'd say this, but if that price continues I'll be glad I "only" paid $185 for my Chicago ticket!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So guys, all this talk about ticket prices made me curious as to whether or not they've raised prices for the California shows.

As Carol-Lynn posted in another thread, here's the ILAA prices.

ILAA 5 star:

• A choice of a ticket in the front row, or a ticket in rows 2 thru 4
    • Pre-show party, including dinner & drinks
    • Exclusive Eagles gift
    • Hassle-free entrance to venue
    • Crowd-free merchandise shopping
    • 5 Star commemorative laminate
    • On-site ILAA host
    • Parking

5 star VIP Ticket Package Price: $ 795.00 - 995.00

ILAA 4 star:

• An Eagles ticket in rows 6 & 7
    • Exclusive Eagles gift

4 star VIP Ticket Package Price: $ 595.00

Now, some info that hasn't been posted here yet. Here are the prices for the Hollywood Bowl shows... but I can only hope the top price is inflated because of the venue and that they are not going to keep charging this!

Hollywood Bowl ticket prices:
    $45.00 - $275.00

Ye Gods!!