Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices

Oh Yeah... Now I remember why I said I wasn't going to any more of these shows! That just p*sses me off in such a big way. I can actually feel my blood pressure rising.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

TBF, I am with you-I'm not going to any of the shows either. I just found out yesterday they will be playing at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, which is only about a half hour drive from my home. But the combination of the high ticket prices and the fact that the place is enormous, is going to keep me away, which does sadden me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    But the combination of the high ticket prices and the fact that the place is enormous, is going to keep me away, which does sadden me.
    We'll just have to live vicariously through everyone here who does go.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Me too Stars!!!

I had a real laugh this morning while on Facebook. The sidebar has an advertisement for the Eagles/Dixie Chicks/Keith Urban showfrom a broker. It said, and I quote, "buy low-priced, hard to find Eagles tickets". Isn't that hysterical!!!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Me too Stars!!!

I had a real laugh this morning while on Facebook. The sidebar has an advertisement for the Eagles/Dixie Chicks/Keith Urban showfrom a broker. It said, and I quote, "buy low-priced, hard to find Eagles tickets". Isn't that hysterical!!!
    I saw that too! I clicked the link... and am still trying to figure out who thinks $800 is low priced!

I guess $800 must seem "cheap" to some people, compared to those tickets that are going for over $1,000!
    PM, I think you are right-we are going to have to live vicariously through those who are going!

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Read an article in Rolling Stone last night (or my wife did and told me this). Basically, Don Henley stated that having the two other acts touring with them would let them fill up stadiums EVEN IN THESE TOUGH FINANCIAL TIMES.

I'm sure that is a true statement, but man, can I see nothing but $$$ in his statement!

I know, I know, they are in it for the Money and there is nothing wrong with that. But to rub our faces in the fact...just hit me the wrong way.

ed: Don't know who moved this post, but I appreciate it. I realized I'd posted it in a completely unrelated thread but didn't have the time to go back and fix it at the time.
    Last edited by MikeA; 04-20-2010 at 07:58 PM.

MikeA

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Read an article in Rolling Stone last night (or my wife did and told me this). Basically, Don Henley stated that having the two other acts touring with them would let them fill up stadiums EVEN IN THESE TOUGH FINANCIAL TIMES.

I'm sure that is a true statement, but man, can I see nothing but $$$ in his statement!

I know, I know, they are in it for the Money and there is nothing wrong with that. But to rub our faces in the fact...just hit me the wrong way.

ed: Don't know who moved this post, but I appreciate it. I realized I'd posted it in a completely unrelated thread but didn't have the time to go back and fix it at the time.
    But it doesn't surprise you he'd say it either does it?

I know we had this discussion in another thread where it was pointed out that some of us are a bit judgmental about the things he says but I maintain, it's because of statements like these!!! My Mom always told me "think before you speak!" Wise advice I say!

Is there any way somebody could post this article in the appropriate thread so we are not just getting bits and pieces of it?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Nah Willie, it doesn't surprise me. It just sort of caught me the wrong way when I heard it. I need to go back and read the entire article to get the context.

Actually, there are two ways (probably more) to take that comment. One is that the motive for the combo tour is strictly MONEY, like how are we going to entice maybe millions of people to spend more money on something that many of them might otherwise think was not a wise choice. That's the way it hit me and while I don't really find fault in the quest for more money, I found it rather crass to come out and state it like he did.

The other way to look at it is to infer some insecurity on the part of the Eagles. Do they really think that they can't fill a stadium on their own?

I just think that there might have been some better way to acknowledge the presence of the Chicks and Urban on this next round of the tour.

MikeA