Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Song Survivor

Default Re: Expando Song Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I don't understand that. Why even the playing field? Maybe SP doesn't deserve any votes. I dunno, but to me, I try to vote for songs I want to go next, because I feel it deserves it. I can't imagine voting for a song I actually like.

I voted for Downtime last round and its one of my top 5 songs. But I was trying to protect One More Mile which is my favorite. It didn't work but I was forced into it. That's the "why" for me...

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I do understand to a point. I guess my way of thinking is that I'm going to give votes to my lower priority songs and not give any to my favorites. Although, at this point in the game, I love so many of them.

I struggled between I Don't Mind and Downtime to make immune. I chose DT because I do like it a bit more. I love Kid and Dwight backing TBS! Also, they lyrics are a bit better, IMO.

I know this is going to be unpopular, but this is the last song in the "bottom half" of my list. I doubt it will go, but this is my least favorite of the remaining songs.

I cast my vote for Parachute. (ducks low)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I can't speak for Dreamer, but I can tell you why I would have done the same thing. Although SP is way up near the top of my list, it is not my favorite. My favorites have already received some votes, so I need to give SP some votes in case of a tie later in the game.

If the song I want to go next is well in the lead (with the most votes) I don't want to waste my vote by voting for it, so I think ahead to what may happen later in the game. Gotta think strategically!
    You got it, PM!

That's why I try to vote near the end of each round. If my vote isn't going to affect the outcome of the round, then I use it to possibly impact the future rounds. But the bottom line is that there is no right or wrong way to vote in the game.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    You got it, PM!

That's why I try to vote near the end of each round. If my vote isn't going to affect the outcome of the round, then I use it to possibly impact the future rounds. But the bottom line is that there is no right or wrong way to vote in the game.
    I agree, there isn't. I was just trying to get perspective. Sorry if it came off wrong or snotty. Wasn't meant too... promise!

wow, I can't believe that One More Mile is eliminated so early, it was for me one of the favorites!
    I cast my vote for Parachute!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I vote for White Boy from Sacramento

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

First thing first--All you White Boy & Parachute haters/voters what are you thinking?

Second thing-The whole immune question thing this time just cracked me up. I would of made the same song immune.

Ok-Now it's getting HARD!!! I'm sure others will disagree with me this time but I really do like IDM a bit more than the song I'm voting for this round. That tuba gets me every time! What a novel idea now days!

I vote for A Good Day.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I do understand to a point. I guess my way of thinking is that I'm going to give votes to my lower priority songs and not give any to my favorites.
    First of all LTL, you are not coming across as "wrong or snotty". This has come up in other Survivor games, and as Dreamer said, there's no wrong way to vote.

But face it - at some point all of these songs are going to get voted off (except one!) - even our very favorites. So if I know for sure that my vote is not going to help the cause this round (the song I want to go this round has enough votes without mine) I'm going to think ahead and throw a vote toward a future nemesis!

And TBF, you Missy - you have the decency to point out to the White Boy/Parachute voters the evil of their ways, and then you turn around and vote for AGD? What are you thinking?
    (Actually, your vote doesn't surprise me. AGD is the most country song on the album and I know how you feel about country music).

I will withhold my vote for now.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Ditto Willie's post and save me time typing...I vote A Good Day.
    (ETA: Whoops, except the part about the immunity song...that would've gotten my vote otherwise.)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...