Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Song Survivor

Default Re: Expando Song Survivor

I would categorize it as Spiritual or Gospel music.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Have spent my entire day off listening to EXPANDO as I've worked thru my chores. Narrowed it down to four:
    One More Mile
    Ella Jean
    I Don't Mind
    A Good Day

After several more listens I dropped A Good Day from my choices for the first round. More plays and I decided to leave Ella Jean...

My roommate came and went several times, each time he returned he just rolled his eyes when he realized I was STILL listening. So I went back and read/listened to various interviews that have cropped up since the release of the CD in October and finally chose.........

One More Mile.
    I just need a little downtime.........

I'm having real difficulty with this round. And it's only the first! I can't pick a song to vote off. I only know that I don't want OMM to go! It's my favorite. I can never get it out of my head for a long while after each time I hear it. I love the beat, the tempo, the hook! That bluesy feel just appeals to me.

I had read quite a few reviews before I actually got the CD & I was prepared to dislike Ella Jean, but I quite like it & I wasn't planning on voting it off first. However, in the interest of SAVING ONE MORE MILE,

I cast my vote for Ella Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I
    When someone is being pissy - biting your head off for no reason, sulking over nothing, overreacting to little stuff - it's hard not to react negatively. The urge to say "Get over yourself" is strong! Unfortunately, this escalates things and causes even more problems. Timothy knows that so he lets it roll off his back. "I don't mind."

From what we know of the band's dynamics, I think this attitude is EASILY applicable to his professional situation with the Eagles!

And my feeling is that is, that if you are really letting it roll off your back then you don't tell everyone that it is because that means it really isn't. To me this song says "I need to tell you how much you don't bother me with the way you act because the reality is you really drive me nuts and now I need to poke at you a little to get back"

And yes I can totally believe that this song has to do with the band and its dynamics and I can't help but think it may be aimed at one or more of the other members... which is part of what really bothers me about it.

As far as One More Mile goes. I love it. I love the bluesy sound of it. I know its appeal isn't universal but I tend to be rather non-mainstream in a lot of my musical tastes which is probably why I like it so much. Based on what I read in the Expando review thread I expected it to be voted off early on. And I agree that Tim seems to be proud of the song - there's a reason he put it first on the album. I think its a real departure from what he has done before and from the other songs on this album and I am going to be sad to see it voted off, whether in this round or a subsequent one.
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 01-20-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm finding it really interesting that generally people either love or totally dislike One More Mile. Doesn't seem to be to much in between with it. I didn't expect that.

BTW-Blues is definitely more of what it is and that's probably why I like it so much. I love the Blues and listen to a lot of it. With Tim's blue-eyed soulful voice, I think this just kind of was a natural step for him. JMO

ETA-Unless I missed something- One More Mile has 6 votes and Ella Jean has 4 right now.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    ETA-Unless I missed something- One More Mile has 6 votes and Ella Jean has 4 right now.
    I've got it all tied up at six each!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Yup. Ella Jean also has 6.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ummm-yeah---Like I said--It's all tied up at 6 a piece! (what can I say--I was doing it really fast!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hey. at least it proves you're honest! (As if there was any question...but when the stakes are this high, and with such a hard-core Tim fan...ya never know!!)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, I wanted to wait until the end of the round to cast my vote, but I’m not going to be around tonight when the voting ends. It looks like this is going to be an interesting and unpredictable game. Personally, I like every song on this album so it’s gonna be hard for me to decide what to vote for most of the time. Obviously though, I like some of the songs more than others, and my three least favorites are Compassion, Ella Jean, and One More Mile. Generally speaking, I like Tim’s falsetto, but I’m not crazy about the way he uses it in Compassion and Ella Jean. If this round had a clear cut winner, I was going to vote for Compassion. However, as it stands right now, my vote is breaking a tie so …

I cast my vote for Ella Jean.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016