Page 119 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I gave Soda the link to the UK tv downloading site I use so hopefully she managed to get a copy.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Considering all the guys were born in 47/48 they look very youthful! Nice to see the Eagles getting recognized again.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredHand View Post
    Considering all the guys were born in 47/48 they look very youthful! Nice to see the Eagles getting recognized again.
    Glenn looks especially youthful in that One Show picture!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Glenn looks especially youthful in that One Show picture!

Considering the excess of the 70's and 80's, I'm also very happy that all of the Eagles (Originals,current members and former members) are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredHand View Post
    Considering the excess of the 70's and 80's, I'm also very happy that all of the Eagles (Originals,current members and former members) are still around.
    Well put! I'm happy that they're still with us.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I'm more than just happy that they are still with us!!! They still look so youthful and very, very hot. MMMMM

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

There has been a good interview in the Daily Telegraph today. Looks like Joe was the main interviewee, but Glenn is complimented as the driving force behind the Eagles, and their new dvd gets a decent review.

The Telegraph website is limiting access to non subscribers to a certain number of articles a month. I really hope this link works and you all get a chance to read it. I will try to copy and save it in the morning. Interestingly, the iPad edition, which I found purely by chance, has a different photo, from 2009. Funny how they seem to have cut Felder from the first pic!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...and-trite.html

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks so much for that GEF! I enjoyed that read! WF, you will enjoy it too, especially the first part.

It's hard for me to picture Joe tearing up. I've heard other people talk about that before too - the fact that they're still here and their friends who did drugs are gone.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

That article is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so very much GEF.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    There has been a good interview in the Daily Telegraph today. Looks like Joe was the main interviewee, but Glenn is complimented as the driving force behind the Eagles, and their new dvd gets a decent review.

The Telegraph website is limiting access to non subscribers to a certain number of articles a month. I really hope this link works and you all get a chance to read it. I will try to copy and save it in the morning. Interestingly, the iPad edition, which I found purely by chance, has a different photo, from 2009. Funny how they seem to have cut Felder from the first pic!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...and-trite.html
    Thanks for that - very interesting!

Here's something I found a bit sad, though.
    [Don states] “I’m not sure if you can change the world with music anymore. Maybe back when we started, that might have seemed possible. Rock’s become very shallow and trite, it’s moving towards entertainment, modern vaudeville, which makes me sad.” Henley suggests the Eagles forthcoming world tour might be their last, and worries that the band have little relevance. “We could go in the studio and cut the most ass-kicking rock ’n’ roll song on earth, and it probably wouldn’t get played on the radio ’cause we are in our sixties. So we’re not really sure there’s a lot of point.” Yet he still feels playing their classic hits has value. “Because they are songs that represent a time when people did seem to care a little bit more about the world. And people still want to hear them.”
    Does he really think there's no point in making music if it doesn't get played on the radio? I would hope that by this point in his life, he would no longer equate the value of art with its amount of radio play.

And of course I'm always dismayed by the "in the good old days people cared more about the world" type comments. They make him sound like a grumpy old man!

I've always found the words of Billy Joel to be a good reminder when it comes to that kind of attitude: "The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten