Page 135 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Not to try to start the whole Felder/Frey/Henley argument over again BUT it goes both ways!! I don't think Felder is any worse than the other 2. Henley and his whole "Mr. Felder" and such.

(And there you have it--- I just posted in the Border theme thread that I'm not a Felder fan/defender, yet I've found myself "defending" him twice today). Go figure!
    +1

I think one is no better than the other...
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Couldn't help but notice in that interview that Bill got the facts wrong on Randy Meisner. Randy didn't pour the beer on Glenn - Bernie did.
    He did say that he wasn't there, but I believe that a beer bottle was thrown (I think against a wall, not at anyone's face) & smashed when Randy & Glenn got into that fight. I'm not sure who threw it and wasn't there something about a towel thrown into someones face. In any case, it was a bad enough fight that Randy knew he had to leave the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Couldn't help but notice in that interview that Bill got the facts wrong on Randy Meisner. Randy didn't pour the beer on Glenn - Bernie did.
    You're totally right. Bill recounts the story of the beer being POURED on Glenn's head, not the bottle being thrown, and the pouring was definitely Bernie (as he told the story in the doc), not Randy. I don't any beer-throwing or pouring was done with Randy--it was just the fight backstage, and even that I don't think was the final moment--just one of the final straws with him and the band. (The bottle throwing incident involved Felder!)

Yeah. I know we're all human and have imperfect memories (I certainly do), but I still winced at that pretty major screw up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah. I know we're all human and have imperfect memories (I certainly do), but I still winced at that pretty major screw up.
    Yes, but he did say that he wasn't there, so he's not saying that he actually saw anything.

I think he's totally confusing (is "disremembering" a word. ) the incident he wasn't there to see... I think he's confusing a story about Bernie and making it about Randy--I don't there was ever a rumor about Randy and Glenn and beer-pouring that he heard secondhand--time and age has just made him transpose Bernie to Randy in his memory. Not that this puts all of his statements into question, but maybe he's muddying up memories of studio sessions and amplifying the "hate" factor from the LROOE sessions!

The lesson learned--don't leave Eagles alone with beer bottles or cans.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Soda, there are lots of screw ups...These things happened... what 40 years ago? People are going to forget & change things up. That is why even if we do end up with bios from ALL the Eagles, I'm willing to bet there will be discrepancies in their stories. Unless each of them kept detailed diaries of things, they aren't going to remember everything exactly the same. I am in my 50's & some things from the 70's are a bit foggy...Especially with the amount of drugs these guys took, I bet there will be lots of different stories from each of them. Even people witnessing the same event will tell it differently.

In light of that, sometimes I fear what will happen when Don and Glenn release their autobiographies..I'm sure there are many events they'll remember differently over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I think that the amount of money the Eagles make when they tour makes it worthwhile for them to play nice when they are on stage and during press events, and I'm guessing they are having a genuinely good time up there playing the music. I would not be surprised to hear they do not communicate at all between Eagles events. Having said that, don't Joe and Glenn tour outside of Eagles tours as Party of Two? Those two obviously don't hate each other if they work together outside of the Eagles touring machine? Or, again, maybe they can bring themselves to do it for $1MM for one night...its all business. Its funny that people WANT them to like each other.
    Most of the shows that Glenn & Joe play are charity events or private corporate shows. I don't think that they would get anywhere near a million for their concerts. I, along with a few other Borderers, saw Glenn & Joe perform at the JazzAspenSnowmass festival a few years ago. This festival is held to raise money for music education in local schools. It was such a fun show. They joked together & laughed at each others jokes & antics. They would have had to be extremely good actors to fake the obvious comraderie between them. The two of them have also been know to attend basketball games together. I have read reports & have seen a picture of this.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Yeah, that's what I was saying, they must be friends if they do these gigs together. I'm sorry but if JENNIFER LOPEZ commands $1MM per corporate gig (two weeks ago for an oil company), then Joe and Glenn should rate triple that - they're legends!!! With actual hit songs!!