Page 1 of 301 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

The Eagles are suing an insurance company for using Desperado in a commercial!

http://www.theoctopus959.com/Article...d=326581&spid=
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 11-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Somehow I can't imagine Irving "misunderstanding" this deal.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Yeah, weird. Certainly this company knew it would have to shell out major "won" to use any Eagles song! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - The guys aren't known for lending their songs out for many commercials, so I would have thought they would be extremely thorough in making any kind of deal like this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

More Eagles In The News (form my daily Google Alert on Don Henley):

Flashback: Hotel California hits No1

It was certainly one of the influential albums of my formative years, and has stood the test of time. Thanks for posting that, DF!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

I always tell myself it wasn't the soundtrack to my life but I guess it was. I was a teenager who knew nothing about the United States or its music and I had no idea that such songs could be written (back then I didn't really know Bob Dylan either).

I guess one of the reasons the HC album appealed to me was that it was so literary - I was reading so many books back then, both for school and for pleasure - and I was fascinated by the imagery in the songs. I thought lines like 'the autumn leaves have got you thinking/about the first time that you fell' and 'they will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along' were just astounding.

Then there was the Joe factor. What a difference he made - he seemed to fit right into the band's groove. Hearing him tearing up the title track and LITFL was wonderful. But... what about the other guitarists? VOL and TALA - outstanding performances from Felder and Mr Frey. Anda pouding rhythm section (I liked something I read a while back about Don's 'vicious cymbals' in the title track).

As for the vocals I could go on all day, except that I realised even then that NKIT was going to be very special to me for the rest of my life. I defy anyone even now to hear 'I don't wanna hear it ah-ooh' and not be transported.

I remember very well how the songs were all over the airwaves in 1977. The other thing I remember so well is all the controversy over the lyrics in Hotel California and LITF. It's really funny looking back on it now. I remember the accusations about the band being 'devil worshipers' started when OOTN was released, and by the time their critics finished analyzing HC, you would have thought the band was 'the devil himself.' Well, I think it's safe to say the band outlasted their critics.

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread, but I was watching our local NBC newscast tonight and they were doing a profile on The University of Alabama's new head coach NIck Saban. The interviewer asked Saban what he thought about his new coaching job and the turn his life has taken, and Saban ahd this reply:

"There is an Eagles song that pretty much sums up my life---or maybe it is just a Joe Walsh song---I can't tell, because sometimes I have a problem following the dynamics of the Eagles--but it is called Life's Been Good to Me So Far. That is exactly the way I feel."

Then they ended the spot showing him on the field with his football players with Life's Been Good playing in the background.

I don't think any of us are exactly sure of the dynamics of the Eagles ---but now, I am more of an ALabama fan then ever!

ROLL TIDE!

Well DF, being a Miami Dolphin fan, I am not exactly fond of Nick Saban. However, I'll have to say, at least he's not totally clueless.