Page 301 of 301 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Perhaps, but I suspect Felder was probably blocked from being able to call Glenn after he was fired.
    If he'd made some conciliatory public statements then perhaps that would have opened a few doors.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    You know, it's kind of odd. Bernie and Randy had just as much reason to stay PO'ed at Glenn as Don. Look at the circumstances under which they left the band. But they made it up with Glenn. No hard feelings. I mean, Glenn (and maybe others) helped pay Randy's medical bills. He was under no obligation to do that. And he and Bernie apparently had buried the hatchet, too. That kind of tells you who's really behind the animosity, here.

I feel like if Don had picked up the phone and said, "You know Glenn, let's just grab a beer and talk," I think Glenn would have given him the opportunity. And if Don had just said, "Look. We were both strung out on coke and we were jackasses. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said and done what I did. I was wrong," then I think Glenn would have responded in kind, and even if they never worked together again, they'd have been cool. And, Don wouldn't have those regrets. And in spite of some of his whining, I think he does have regrets, but now it's too late. And people who know they've behaved badly and don't want to own it sometimes whine about it. Glenn came out and said in HOTE that he knew he hadn't handled things very well. He was absolutely open about it, which leads me to believe a sincere apology from DF would have also received one.
    And you know what? We don't know if Glenn, especially when he realized how sick he was, but before he went into the hospital the last time, may have tried to reach out to Don and was rebuffed. We just don't know. (Because, I guarantee Don will never tell if he did, because it would make him look really bad.)
    As I said on another thread, I think the takeaway from this very sad situation is to be sure you make your amends before it's too late.
    Pippin - I agree about making amends before it is too late. However, IMHO, I doubt if Don reached out to Glenn before he passed or if Glenn would have taken the phone call. Too much had gone on between them. And, Don F. had never stopped his mean spirited comments at/about Glenn and Don. The statements went on for 15 years - until after Glenn passed. Sadly, Don F. even made fun of Glenn's illnesses a few months before he passed in his twitter account before it was deleted. I do believe that Don was genuinely upset when Glenn passed. His statement was heartfelt. However, the way he carried on over his not being included in the tribute to Glenn at the Grammy's was immature. He knew he would never be included for obvious reasons but bitched anyway. Just MHO.

FP - Thanks.

@NKIT: Oh, Don F. certainly didn't help the situation At. All. I guess I'm just engaging in a little wishful thinking. I didn't know he ever made fun of Glenn's illness. That's beyond the pale, and beneath him. And really: what did he gain by perpetuating all that animosity? Nothing. And he lost the respect of a lot of people along the way. It illustrates perfectly an old adage frequently used in support groups: "Harboring resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." And regret is a bitter cup to drink, especially when you know you could have avoided it.

It's a sad, sorry footnote.

Banned

You have to remember that a major concilliation happened before HFO in the 1990s. Felder was sacked because the rest of the band realised, after HFO, that they'd have to tolerate him or dismiss him to continue working as Eagles.

While on Billboard I found an article on 10/17/17 where they had critics pick their top 15 eagles songs, heres their list (one that I find interesting)

15: Doolin Dalton
    14: Peaceful Easy Feeling
    13: Seven Bridges Road
    12: Tequila sunrise
    11: Heartache Tonight
    10: How long
    9: Already Gone
    8: Best Of My Love
    7: Lyin Eyes
    6: I Can’t Tell You Why
    5: Take It To The Limit
    4: Life In The Fast Lane
    3: Take It Easy
    2: Desperado
    1: Hotel California

I was surprised by how Glenn heavy this was (this is without what i consider to be Glenn’s greatest work NKIT.) and how high ICTYW, how long and Doolin Dalton were.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    While on Billboard I found an article on 10/17/17 where they had critics pick their top 15 eagles songs, heres their list (one that I find interesting)

15: Doolin Dalton
    14: Peaceful Easy Feeling
    13: Seven Bridges Road
    12: Tequila sunrise
    11: Heartache Tonight
    10: How long
    9: Already Gone
    8: Best Of My Love
    7: Lyin Eyes
    6: I Can’t Tell You Why
    5: Take It To The Limit
    4: Life In The Fast Lane
    3: Take It Easy
    2: Desperado
    1: Hotel California

I was surprised by how Glenn heavy this was (this is without what i consider to be Glenn’s greatest work NKIT.) and how high ICTYW, how long and Doolin Dalton were.
    Link?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Here's the link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...best-hits-list

It was on the same page as the link I posted.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Thank you for posting that link. Glenn sounds so young here. It's interesting that some of the words near the end are different than the CC Concert.

Delilah - The link to the 15 songs is in the story part of the article. I can't believe NKIT is not included - it won a Grammy ! Although I love DD, that could have been left out and NKIT included. JMHO.

PS - Oops, sorry Pippin. You must have posted the link as I was typing ! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Here's the link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...best-hits-list

It was on the same page as the link I posted.
    Thank you, Pippin.

It’s a list by one critic, not “critics” so I don’t feel so bad by the omission of New Kid in Town or One of These Nights (though I’m still surprised). It’s just one guy’s opinion.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

ICTYW has always been out there, doing its own thing. Covered by Chromeo, Diana Krall, etc...I think it enjoys a place in music outside of the Eagles' usual sphere of influence. It is different from their other songs, and has a nice '70s cheese factor. It's 70s soul and TBS's voice is so sweet, people just like it. I can see why a critic or critics would place it high. Its fun to throw it in there with the legendary songs.