Page 92 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Head To South Africa

They've probably reached the age where they think it's really cool to be mentioned in an interview! I know I would sure be thrilled if my dad told the world I was a good singer/drummer/etc.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I know this has already been mentioned before, but this link has a peculiar last sentence. If this has been posted before, I missed it.

"Also with band A&E cameras will capture the Eagles at home, in rehearsals and backstage for a six episode reality show. “Eagles: Bird’s Eye View” will follow the band as it prepares for upcoming concerts in Las Vegas and Atlanta."

I looked, this was posted five days ago and not on April Fool's Day. I have a hard time believing it's true, but thought I'd post it and let everyone else weigh in.

http://us103.com/the-eagles-become-doctors/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Hi VK, what sentence are you referring to?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    "Also with band A&E cameras will capture the Eagles at home, in rehearsals and backstage for a six episode reality show. “Eagles: Bird’s Eye View” will follow the band as it prepares for upcoming concerts in Las Vegas and Atlanta."
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Zelda, I think it refers to the caption under the photo in the link. I have to say I hadn't heard anything about and A&E 'reality' series about the band. That isn't to say I wouldn't love to see one...but I have a difficult time believing they would allow film crews into their homes. They all tend to guard their private lives very carefully. But the possibility is certainly interesting!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I sent them an email and asked if they were serious.
    VK

Nah, that's an April Fool's Joke posted by the Fast Lane fansite on their blog. The sad thing is this "news" site doesn't even know it, and would probably reply back to you that it came up in their alerts or something to that effect. Indeed, I suggest YOU inform THEM that it's a joke.

That's why I stopped posting April Fool's jokes on my site blogs. I used to. It seemed harmless enough; post the joke, then tell everyone you're kidding, just like I do on the message board. However, I learned the hard way how that can backfire.

You see, thanks to Google Alerts which crawls blogs, these joke stories get thrown into the pool, and people who've simply entered "Don Henley", "Glenn Frey," etc. into their Google alerts will now receive those joke stories in their emails right along with the legitimate news.

With another site regurgitating the "news" without any investigation or citation on their part, more people will start to believe it and then there's a false impression out there that can't be erased. Even if the Fast Lane were to contact this news source and inform them it's a joke, the false information is already "out there."

I don't blame the Fast Lane; I did this myself before I realized the problems it could cause. It's unfortunate, but live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Nah, that's an April Fool's Joke posted by the Fast Lane fansite on their blog. The sad thing is this "news" site doesn't even know it, and would probably reply back to you that it came up in their alerts or something to that effect. Indeed, I suggest YOU inform THEM that it's a joke.

That's why I stopped posting April Fool's jokes on my site blogs. I used to. It seemed harmless enough; post the joke, then tell everyone you're kidding, just like I do on the message board. However, I learned the hard way how that can backfire.

You see, thanks to Google Alerts which crawls blogs, these joke stories get thrown into the pool, and people who've simply entered "Don Henley", "Glenn Frey," etc. into their Google alerts will now receive those joke stories in their emails right along with the legitimate news.

With another site regurgitating the "news" without any investigation or citation on their part, more people will start to believe it and then there's a false impression out there that can't be erased. Even if the Fast Lane were to contact this news source and inform them it's a joke, the false information is already "out there."

I don't blame the Fast Lane; I did this myself before I realized the problems it could cause. It's unfortunate, but live and learn.
    It's been a long time since I've been out to Fastlane, so I missed this. Just as well since you got me with the Stevie Nicks thing even when I was looking for it! Twice in one day would have been more than I could handle! But in the email to the site, I did ask if this was an April Fool's joke, because not even on a bet would our guys allow this.
    VK

I'm interested to see what they say, because I'm betting they don't know it's an April Fool's joke!

The form reply was that someone would get back to me in 48 hours.
    VK