Page 196 of 301 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

FP, I wholeheartedly agree that IA has absolutely no business telling the guys not to write more music. It comes across like he thinks he owns them - and we all know they are their own persons! I also find it a bit contradictory to what Joe said recently. It's extremely brazen and arrogant of Irving to imply that he has all creative control over the guys... AS IF!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border

Maybe he's just telling them what they want to hear.

Regardless of what Irving says they are all adults and can make their own decisions if they disagree with him.

MR: Over the years, people have loved hearing new material from the Eagles. Do they do that still? Do they still get together and write?
    IA: No, mostly because I told them don't bother, because there's no appreciation for it anymore. Neil Diamond once said to me that he puts four new songs all together in the set because he knows they're going to get up and go to the bathroom when he plays new songs. I've actually discouraged them from doing anything new because there's such a lack of respect these days for icons of our business doing any new material. Their audience wants to hear the body of work that they live with at home, not new material.
    I guess in fairness to Irving we need to consider that he may actually have meant that he's advised them against performing new/newer songs (i.e. material from LROOE in particular). When you read his response in its entirety and break down the context I suppose it's possible.

As for those of us who are true diehard fans, they could sing the phone book and we'd remained glued to our seats!

And I agree that they are adults who make their own choices - and if they choose to write new material that is exactly what they'll do. Timothy has said that he is constantly working on new stuff and Joe made a comment that gives hope that they COULD return to the studio. Whether they write together or individually, the fact remains that it's in their blood and nobody, not even Irving, can say or do anything to change that. Once a songwriter, always a songwriter!

Victim of Love

I agree, well said VOL

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    I guess in fairness to Irving we need to consider that he may actually have meant that he's advised them against performing new/newer songs (i.e. material from LROOE in particular). When you read his response in its entirety and break down the context I suppose it's possible.

As for those of us who are true diehard fans, they could sing the phone book and we'd remained glued to our seats!

And I agree that they are adults who make their own choices - and if they choose to write new material that is exactly what they'll do. Timothy has said that he is constantly working on new stuff and Joe made a comment that gives hope that they COULD return to the studio. Whether they write together or individually, the fact remains that it's in their blood and nobody, not even Irving, can say or do anything to change that. Once a songwriter, always a songwriter!
    Even if he did mean performing new material I disagree with him. He's saying that he didn't think the LROOE songs were well received so they were right to ditch it. It's now like it was never made.

Point taken, FP...and well-made. Even during the LROOE tour I felt too much of the material was passed over in favor of older stuff. That's not to say that I don't adore the older stuff but there is so much greatness to LROOE and it didn't get a fair shake. Like everyone else, I am totally mystified by the absence of acknowledgement it's getting this go-round.

Victim of Love

I can see where Irving is coming from, but fans would love to hear new music in my opinion. On the other side though, I went to a Marshall Tucker concert ions ago and they played new music and everyone in the audience was ticked off. So I guess it goes both ways.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The thing with our guys is that more than a lot of other bands, people want to sing along. If they don't know the songs, then it loses something. It amazes me how many people go to a concert and don't even know the band has a new album out, let alone the words to it. It's not like the good old days when it was played on the radio 40 million times before you went, so you knew it already. The state of the music industry today is depressing and I'm so incredibly lucky to have grown up when I did.

After having said all that, I disagree with Irving. Of course, he's sitting in puddles of money as a result of knowing what he's doing and I've got drops of money. I still disagree with him.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I have a CD stuck in my Jeep. Hubby says we have to take the stereo out to get it unstuck. It is disc one of LOOE. Could be worse