Page 167 of 301 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just want to return quickly to the subject of the letters I was complaining about before. I just saw an article where LaPolt stated that Don did modify the letter she provided him. This made me curious, so I went back and compared letters. Before I had simply read Don's and Joe's (which were the first two letters) and noted they were identical. This time, I went back and read over the others as well. Sting's is also identical to Don's. However, these three have additions which you do not find the form letter signed by the others.

After comparing those with Don's, I would say about a third of his letter is in his words, and there are several minor phrasing changes (ie "as you know" becomes "as you are aware"; "I have the right to say no" becomes that the change "strips me of the right to say 'no'"). The "I fear it is a harbinger to the dissolution of copyright protection in the United States, rendering copyright more an economic utility rather than a true property right" which Contact Music attributed to Joe Walsh was actually one of Don Henley's additions.

It's easy to infer from what LaPolt has said that the reason Don, Joe, and Sting have identical letters is because Joe and Sting signed the "Henley" version. While I wish Don had just cast aside her letter and written his from the ground up instead of mixing his words with hers, I give him kudos for taking the time to at least make some changes. None of the other artists bothered.

I realize not many people care about this, but I feel compelled to clarify in fairness to Don.

Thanks sodascouts. Don is so clever, he can write better than that lawyer.
    ~Sara

Seriously - his letter was much more effective. Not only did he include additional pertinent details which strengthened the argument, but he also employed more sophisticated prose. I won't give examples because I daresay it would bore most people, lol. Still, that's another reason why he should have ditched her parts altogether.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm not surprised to hear that Don Henley tweaked the letter to his liking. He is well written and to your point Soda could have done a very good letter from scratch. Good research on your part.

And of course we all hope this letter gets the end results they need.

Seriously - his letter was much more effective. Not only did he include additional pertinent details which strengthened the argument, but he also employed more sophisticated prose. I won't give examples because I daresay it would bore most people, lol. Still, that's another reason why he should have ditched her parts altogether.
    Totally agree. Typical of Don - that's why we love him. Attention to detail, a perfect turn of phrase. Thanks for the detective work - interesting.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-in-glory.html

Reading through that letter I could sense Don's voice in it, and I wasn't surprised Soda when you mentioned there were two versions of it. Like you I wonder why he didn't just write it himself, it's not like he hasn't written one like it before. I'd love to read some of the ones he wrote back in the day when he was a prodigious letter and memo writer, like which way to put the toilet paper in the holder?! Some record exec actually had a couple of his letters from Don framed. Now those would be interesting to read!

Gosh, yes, I would love to read some of his letters, even the ones that might have been a bit of an overreaction to something petty like the TP letter. Heck, those would probably been the most entertaining! He can get quite snarky, and while I wouldn't want that directed at me, it can be amusing to read a well-crafted dig at someone else. I know there's some out there... I have an idea for a new thread!

Stuck on the Border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70-7-26wnE[/ame]

David Spade on the Eagles' crazy concert policy...lol

LOL!!!!!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70-7-26wnE

David Spade on the Eagles' crazy concert policy...lol
    I just came here to post it! Funny, I've always liked his humor!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Oh that was hilarious! Thanks for posting it Austin!!