Page 10 of 301 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I know...I just had to comment on his comments. It is sooooo surprising though, how many reviewers write negative comments. I really don't understand it . I'm so objective when I say how great the Eagles are and have been for so long!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    I really don't understand it . I'm so objective when I say how great the Eagles are and have been for so long!
    Why sure you are--just like all the rest of us here! But I know what you mean. I really took Mr.JON FERGUSON's, from the Lancaster on line, post #15 in the Hershey Concert Review topic, to heart when he said that Timothy looked "cadaverous", and on top of it couldn't even spell his name correctly. That kind of stuff really gets to me no matter how often I know these reviewers do it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Our guys have really made it big now-They are now part of Guitar Hero!
    Really cool that they included Frail Grasp Of The Big Picture!

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...orld_Tour.html
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 07-08-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm very surprised that they included Frail Grasp. It doesn't have any spectacular guitar work and it's not a very fun song.... aren't we supposed to have fun while playing a video game, and not have to listen to a diatribe?

Other than that, very cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Some people, myself included, don't think of Frail Grasp as a diatribe.

Stuck on the Border

DF, I agree with you, and I also think that the guitar work in the song is excellent and worthy of being included in Guitar Hero.

This is part of a hilarious column (with an Eagles twist) that was written by a journalist with a Worcester newspaper:

Wednesday night, I met some friends for cocktails at Viva Bene downtown and almost everyone there was grabbing a bite before going to the Eagles, and let me just say that I’ve never seen so many old people headed to a rock concert in my life. It was sort of cute. Anyway, while at the bar I saw a Worcester city councilor who shall remain nameless, and he said he had an extra ticket to the show and graciously asked if I wanted it. “Wow.” I hesitated. “I loved the Eagles, but I can’t leave my friends.” That’s when one of the friends whom I couldn’t bear to leave piped up. “I’ll take it.” She would have gone, too, had we not laid such a guilt trip on her that she likely never wants to see us again...

...But I’m guessing we’ll see more apparitions as Americans grow more desperate and long for a happier, simpler time; just last week, for example, I saw the profile of Don Henley floating in my martini.

Just let me say, if I had been there when that gentleman offered that free Eagles ticket, I would've accepted the ticket so fast that the heads of my fellow bar patrons would've been spinning! No amount of guilt (and I was raised by a Southern Baptist mother, so trust me, I know guilt) would have stopped me.

Now, I know it must be five o'clock somewhere, so I am about to pour myself a martini and see if Don's face appears in the glass for me, too.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-10-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

All I can say is AMEN sister!!!

(And OBTW - I was raised a Catholic, so believe me, I, too, know what guilt is!!!)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Whaaaa! Give me a martini babe!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Guilt schmilt, I would have gone.. OKAY.. POLL HERE! How many of us, in this woman's same situation, WOULD NOT have dumped their friends in a hear beat to see the guys!! (this isnt really a fair poll considering the venue *G*) I feel pretty safe when I say... LIKE A HOT POTATO!! (I love ya'll but we're talking the guys here..) Also, most of my friends would not only understand, but encourage it! They're a thoughtful bunch *G*

now, I just finished lunch.. MARTINI TIME!! (If I made it a beer, do ya think I'd see Joe?)