Page 11 of 301 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I think I'll make mine a screwdriver - surely I'll be able to see Glenn in one of those!!

And ticky - I'd betcha there's not many here that would've turn down that ticket no matter who they were with.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I wish that paper had actually printed a review as well...I'd be interested in what they had to say about the concert that I saw. I think the "old people" comment was inaccurate-- this crowd seemed younger in general than the Hershey crowd...at least they acted it. Tomorrow, I hope to pick up my Worcester photos from the camera shop. I'll let you all know if they came out OK considering my "jimmy-rigged" camera repair; if so, I'll try to have my son post them under the Concert Reviews-Worcester thread (It's not a digital camera, so I need him to be able to do it.)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

EV -fingers crossed that they turned out. Can't wait to see them if so!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

This is an excerpt from a column from a writer named by D. Ciliberti in the Taunton Gazette:

“Bells will be ringing/the sad, sad news/oh, what a Christmas, to have the blues…”

One of my favorite Christmas songs [that] happens to be sung by my favorite group. When Don Henley starts in his raspy Texan voice, you can just feel the pain of love lost and heartbreak around the holidays.

Is it me or is it tough to feel joyous this holiday season? Yes, I’ve done most of my Christmas shopping, but I pretty much felt that this year, I was just going through the motions. [...] I haven’t even listened to my favorite Christmas song – the one I mentioned above – yet this holiday season.

This piece captures the ambiguity I am feeling this Christmas as well, with job worries and money woes. I haven't written our Christmas cards or finished shopping for gifts yet either. Yet, "Please Come Home For Christmas" is also MY favorite Christmas song and I have been playing it constantly since Dec 1, along with "Blue Christmas" and "Merry Christmas Darling" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree." Money is tight but Christmas spirit is plentiful, and here's hoping for a much more stable and prosperous 2009. And I will play "Funky New Year" to ring the new year in right!
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-10-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Of course this is also my favorite Christmas song and I have been playing it to death, along with several other favorites, but I also have to admit it isn't working at all!! I have never been a real big fan of Christmas (I am one of those people that feel that it is way over commercialized and people have lost the true spirit of it) and last year losing my father during the holidays sure didn't help but this year it hasn't gotten any better either. Hubby and I were out yesterday trying hard to get the shopping completed, and at one point I looked at him and said we can't afford this and I bet at least half the people in this store can't afford it but yet we all feel "obligated" to do it! I think that is completely wrong!! Yet we kept going and I'm still feeling the holiday blahs!!! Guess at least I know I am not alone this year!

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Of course this is also my favorite Christmas song and I have been playing it to death, ...Yet we kept going and I'm still feeling the holiday blahs!!! Guess at least I know I am not alone this year!

I know Christmas is a silly season. But I think you are missing the point. It is a "season" when you should devote time to those closest to you. My parents are aging. I am glad they are still here. I am grateful that I can spend (hopefully) another Christmas with them. Over the last few years I have lost a lot of people I was close to. I learned to value the time I have with those that are still here even more. I'd like to suggest you do something special Christmas with your husband and children. I have been very fortunate to make a good living. This Christmas I will be donating to several of my favorite charities.

The gifts are just a way of bringing you all together. Just get soemthing small for one another and cherish the time you can all spend together. Believe me, I know it passes much too quickly. Time is the most valuable resource we all have. It is much more valuable than money and I think that is the one thing we all seem to forget.

Willie, just take some time to be with your people and remember why they are important to you. I think if you consider it, you can be very happy this Christmas.

So true. Yeah, we all want to give nice gifts to those we love, but in the end, it's simply having "family time" that's the most important. Now that my sisters and I are grown and all over the country, pretty much the only time we see each other are holidays.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Hired Hand View Post
    I know Christmas is a silly season. But I think you are missing the point. It is a "season" when you should devote time to those closest to you.
    Willie, just take some time to be with your people and remember why they are important to you. I think if you consider it, you can be very happy this Christmas.
    Trust me when I say I amnot "missing the point"! The point has been driven home to me loud and clear about how important family is these past couple of years as I have lost so many close to me. Turn on the tv or stand at the mall and tell me what a majority of people think Christmas is about! Enough said on that subject!

Back on topic-I finally read completely thru the last couple of articles posted here by DF. What struck me while doing so is the fact that neither post #99 or the last Christmas one are really about the Eagles so much but isn't it funny how people can relate the Eagles to different things going on in their lives. Kind of like our topic "Little Things That Remind You Of The Eagles". I guess it is widespread.

Got this alert. A fan's perspective in anticipation of her first time seeing the band in January. Breaks down each song. Cute!!

http://pollyw.blogspot.com/2008/11/a...of-eagles.html

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

When we're hungry, love will keep us alive."
    That was great!

You know, that line in LWKUA reminds me of when my hubby and I got engaged when we were seniors in high school. A cousin of mine (at the time, recently graduated from college and a big success (in his mind), was very disgusted that we were getting married so young. He asked me, What are you going to live on......love? Being young and in love and naive I answered, Whatever it takes! Then, a couple years later he was divorcing his wife and we were doing fine. And 34 years later, I still remember his comment when I hear this song and wonder what he thinks of us now and I think
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten