Page 130 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Pm, I agree. I'm surprised they would do any outdoor shows. It's pretty much miserable for everyone when it's so hot. And performing....

They're playing Bethel Woods on July 25th. I'm hoping it's not too oppressive but you never know. The amphitheater is covered though, except for the Lawn Area, so it shouldn't be too bad! It's gonna be a hot one, but I'll try and muddle through.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Toronto, Ontario, Canada 7-11-13

Don gave an interview to the Louisville Courier-Journal. Here's the link:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...nclick_check=1

I love this part:
    This tour will definitely be different. There will be some stripped-down, intimate, musical moments harkening back to our very first rehearsals in a shack in the San Fernando Valley. A former band member will be joining us for part of the show. There will be some new arrangements of familiar tunes. The sets and the lighting will be all new and the visual aspect of the show is something that we are very excited about.

Aw, that was a great read. I love Don and his literary quotes! I am so excited about what the show will be like... I just can't wait to have a date (and tickets!) secured.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Well, that just about clinches it for Bernie! If that's not an affirmation, I don't know what is! I am a happy, happy girl right now! (We need a dancing emoticon.)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Okay, I read the whole thing and just loved it. Too bad he had to end it on such a bittersweet note.
    ~ Cathy ~

Wouldn't you just pass out in your chair to open your e-mail and see one from Don Henley? My God. I love that he obviously takes such time and effort to compose his answers...

I think it was TBF who mentioned somewhere on here the idea of the first part of the show being just the four of them and then the backup band coming out to play the second half. Well, I don't think it's going to be the entire first half, but Don does indicate that some parts of the show will be stripped down. I think this is a great idea. I would have loved to watch the beginning plans for this show - the 'why don't we try this' and 'what if we did that'.
    ~ Cathy ~

Oh, I'm getting (more) excited! I was just wondering yesterday if Bernie would be there for sure. Happy that that has been confirmed! Sounds like they really have made the effort to make this show different from what they have been doing! "Intimate musical moments" !

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Don gave an interview to the Louisville Courier-Journal. Here's the link:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...nclick_check=1

I love this part:
    This tour will definitely be different. There will be some stripped-down, intimate, musical moments harkening back to our very first rehearsals in a shack in the San Fernando Valley. A former band member will be joining us for part of the show. There will be some new arrangements of familiar tunes. The sets and the lighting will be all new and the visual aspect of the show is something that we are very excited about.
    well I love this article for so many reasons..
    He is such a wonderful speaker and it comes across even in his written word.

I like what he said about it taking him two years to cover the globe ( are you listening borders over in the uk and england etc.....start saving your concert money now.....seems like they are planning on coming your way at some point....he said it would take them through 2015).
    Also, that since they had to go around hockey and basketball schedules in the states....they couldnt do "mulitile nights" in a lot of venues so ....."they will be back " (since there was a demand for mutltiple nights)

I read between the lines "It could be their last tour" ....could mean HFO was a tour HC was a tour , LROOE was a tour and this one is HOTW tour.
    I would like to think that maybe they will still do things like vegas and revel where they play their favorite hits and the "short" program.

ANd of course I am excited about Bernie or who we think is Bernie on the tour as well,,

This was a great intreview..
    Am I the only one or do you guys see what I see too???

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I loved reading that interview. It's a good thing that there will be a lot of Borderers eyes and ears at the upcoming shows cause it sounds like we are going to have a lot to report about!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016