Page 200 of 301 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

hmm definitely sounds like he's singing a drawn out "maid" ..which could be mistaken for a second syllable
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I see what you're saying. Learn something new every day!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm watching HOTE right now on Showtime and I just finished watching that clip. My closed caption said maid. It does sound like they are saying maid.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    That account from Glyn Johns that UTW posted varies a bit from other accounts he has given, including his interview in the HOTE doc, where he says the song that grabbed his attention was Silver Dagger. In the early days, the guys used to sing one of it's verses as a lead in to Take It Easy. The lyrics are:

My daddy is a handsome devil
    He's got a chain five miles long
    And on every link a heart does dangle
    Of another maid he's loved and wronged.
    I've just watched that part of the doc and Glyn Johns doesn't say which song, just that someone said "Let's play Glyn that ballad." Then it cuts to "Silver Dagger" from the BBC concert and after another few sentences from Glyn, it's onto "Seven Bridges Road". It could just be the director choosing the best songs to illustrate the point.

As I was listening to the radio this afternoon heading home, the DJ was talking about the Eagles could do more tour dates. So she was quoting Joe. I'm paraphrasing. So I'm trying to remember what was said. Joe said something like we have a few more years in us. If there's still the demand for them, the people are still coming or their voices are holding and can physically still do it, why stop.

Then the interviewer asked if there will be another Eagles album? Joe said he would like to do another one, but it was up to Glenn and Don.

Sorry I don't have a link to this since I heard it on the radio. I don't know where she got the quotes from Joe, but it was cool to have the DJ talking about the Eagles on my local radio station. The last time they talked about the Eagles was when Don was responding to what Robert Plant said about the Eagles are bored and that's why they are touring or something like that.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-17-2014 at 11:08 PM.

I like those answers!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I've just watched that part of the doc and Glyn Johns doesn't say which song, just that someone said "Let's play Glyn that ballad." Then it cuts to "Silver Dagger" from the BBC concert and after another few sentences from Glyn, it's onto "Seven Bridges Road". It could just be the director choosing the best songs to illustrate the point.
    UTW - It's true that in the HOTE doc, Glyn Johns didn't specifically mention Silver Dagger. However, I have seen/read a few other interviews where he and/or the band members specifically describe the song as the one that they sang for him that caught his attention. I can't remember right now which interviews they are because there are so many, but maybe I'll have have time to look for it later. It probably been discussed here on the board before so I'll see if I can find anything in a search.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    As I was listening to the radio this afternoon heading home, the DJ was talking about the Eagles could do more tour dates. So she was quoting Joe. I'm paraphrasing. So I'm trying to remember what was said. Joe said something like we have a few more years in us. If there's still the demand for them, the people are still coming or their voices are holding and can physically still do it, why stop.

Then the interviewer asked if there will be another Eagles album? Joe said he would like to do another one, but it was up to Glenn and Don.

Sorry I don't have a link to this since I heard it on the radio. I don't know where she got the quotes from Joe, but it was cool to have the DJ talking about the Eagles on my local radio station. The last time they talked about the Eagles was when Don was responding to what Robert Plant said about the Eagles are bored and that's why they are touring or something like that.
    nice!!

I wanna post something here, but I noticed we are on page 200...is this thread closing?

Well, I'll post it anyway!
    Please move it to the new thread if this one is closing.

Eagles mentioned as one of Lana Del Rey's influences

Squint your ears a little while listening to the morose "Pretty When You Cry," and before you know it, you'll be on a dark desert highway with cool wind in your hair. Lana Del Rey has said she listens to the Eagles' "Hotel California" while getting ready for photo shoots.
    I definitely hear the Hotel California in Pretty When You Cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtrjlupvNZ8

Lana's new album is beautifully moody. Her other influences are interesting to read about (and listen to) too. She had just landed in NY on her way to work with Lou Reed on the morning he died.