Page 207 of 301 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

This is all too much! Kazoos at the Eagles concert? Eagles fans doing the ice bucket challenge?? You guys are going to have a blast on the 18th - do the challenge AFTER the show, video it, and send it to JD and Joe and Matt Lauer. Maybe the arena will help you set it up, with buckets, etc...! Borderers representing!! Thanks, Cynd!

I just heard this morning that Jim Dolan is opening the show tomorrow night

Rumor has it that Dolan and company are opening the next FOUR shows which would be Allentown, MSG, Boston and MSG.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread but thought I'd throw it in here. Admins feel free to move it if there's a more appropriate place. Joe made a brief appearance on The Today Show this morning!

http://www.today.com/video/today/56034910#56034910
    Too funny! Kazoos at the Eagles concert? The guys are gonna love that!

And Matt asked Joe whether Jim was a better guitar player or businessman and he said businessman!

You guys that are going to MSG are in for a treat....JD and the Straightshots!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here is an article from Billboard - seriously, 6,000 kazoos?! Those people are going to play along to the Eagles songs, you can't help it, when you hear the music, have had some cocktails, and have a stinkin' kazoo in your sweaty hand! It's like vuvuzelas. I can't believe Don and Glenn agreed to this, especially at MSG. Shows their love for JD!

So, to which Eagles song would you most like to hear some kazoo accompaniment? Harmonica intro to DD/DR? TITTL? ICTYW? Too funny

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...-square-garden

Border Desperado

Thanks for that MC- pretty crazy- and you are 100 percent correct- some of the fans, with a few drinks in them, will be playing along to the Eagles songs - I hope they reconsider that kazoo idea- for the sake of the folks that are paying good money to hear the Eagles not JD and the straight shot.

So I'm watching Letterman show for no particular reason, and suddenly Dave starts asking Paul about hearing some Eagles music. Apparently some couple in the audience is going to tomorrow night show, and Dave has said he's going with them. Wants to know how much it will cost to play Eagles music. They can't play ANY of it - license issues! Dave starts to blame Irving, and then he proceeds to ask Paul to guess how much it would cost if they played one song - supposedly $250K! Crazy! I was waiting to hear Don and Glenn get hammered for this, but it didn't get that far!

Kazoos should be used for Already Gone....or Funk #49!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny Kingston View Post
    Thanks for that MC- pretty crazy- and you are 100 percent correct- some of the fans, with a few drinks in them, will be playing along to the Eagles songs - I hope they reconsider that kazoo idea- for the sake of the folks that are paying good money to hear the Eagles not JD and the straight shot.
    I agree with this....as funny as the thought of 1000s of Kazoos buzzing along to some of the Eagles songs is, I'd be pretty mad if I had paid all that money to go see them and had to listen to that all night!

I do have a funny picture in my head of the guys getting madder and madder with every song when people won't stop playing them

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, I'm not happy about this! I'm not pleased that this is the NYC show that I'm going to. I'm already planning out the six drinks, four Advil, and earplugs that will be required to deal with three kazoos, let alone this amount. If I hadn't already spent a fortunate in airfare, I'd consider selling my ticket.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.