Page 233 of 301 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I would've described the last 12 months have been pretty unproductive Eagles-wise but the money keeps rolling in:

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2015...p-five-of.html

Billy Joel's residency has been very lucrative.

Having seen Luke Bryan's duet with Joe Walsh a couple of years ago, I'm stunned he's such a major player.

Stuck on the Border

But how are they measuring? Here's an explanation:
    METHODOLOGY: Money Makers was compiled with Nielsen Music and Billboard Boxscore, 2014 U.S. data only. Revenue from merchandising, synchronization and sponsorship is not included. The following royalty rates, minus a 4 percent producer's fee, were used: album and track sales, 22 percent of retail revenue; streaming revenue, 22 percent for current acts and 50 percent for heritage acts. Publishing royalties were estimated using statutory mechanical rates for album and track sales and the Copyright Royalty Board streaming formula; for labels' direct deals with interactive services, blended audio and video rates of, respectively, $0.0075 and $0.0045. (A 10 percent manager's fee was deducted from each category.) Touring revenue equals 34 percent of an act's Boxscore.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...rich-list-2015

However, I'm struggling to find out a definition of "Boxscore". I thought I'd found it with a list of top tours for 2014
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...es-live-nation
    but if I look at 34% of the gross tour revenue I come out with a number that's almost double the touring figure in the Moneymaker list. To add to the confusion, the text has about North American revenue but lists the O2, London under the top venue.

ETA: The Billy Joel numbers don't add up. The heading gives the total as $27.2m but the numbers add up to $25.8m and in the text underneath it has $25.3m.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 05-05-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Also, the merchandise piece has to be millions and millions per year, at least for the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I would've described the last 12 months have been pretty unproductive Eagles-wise but the money keeps rolling in:

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2015...p-five-of.html

Billy Joel's residency has been very lucrative.

Having seen Luke Bryan's duet with Joe Walsh a couple of years ago, I'm stunned he's such a major player.
    What would they have to do for you to describe them as productive? Make an album, I suppose. Given that seems extreemely unlikely I suppose most of us here would describe touring as productive.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What would they have to do for you to describe them as productive? Make an album, I suppose. Given that seems extreemely unlikely I suppose most of us here would describe touring as productive.
    I agree, FP. I would love new music, that's for sure. They have it all, and they should flaunt it. They are extremely versatile and have many talents, and while there are other bands who are talented, no one can do harmonies like the Eagles. So of course I'd like new music from them. I just don't think it's very likely. Don can't even get his solo album out the door, and for all of them to come up with something and agree it sounds good is unlikely. Even with LROOE, Don criticized it in interviews, and I'm confident that if it were up to him, they'd still be in the studio perfecting it.

Given all that, I'm just extremely happy they're still touring. I'm hoping the fact that they're still making good money on it means they'll continue to do it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Even with LROOE, Don criticized it in interviews, and I'm confident that if it were up to him, they'd still be in the studio perfecting it.
    I've read Henley disliked the double album concept, yet he still plugged it as great value because of that on HOTE

And yes, I wouldn't class 2014 as an unproductive Eagles year either. By my reckoning they managed about 60 shows across two continents. Compare that to, for example, the five year barren run between HFO finishing and the (now Felder-less) tour in 2001...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Something we already knew, Don and Joe look younger than they are. Must have been all that good, clean living they did.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/how-o...otogallery-1=1

Well, this app also claims Keith Richards looks 59...

Regardless, our guys do indeed look good!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, this app also claims Keith Richards looks 59...
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

59?!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This article from TRS is completely uncalled for. Perhaps by now, our guys just read this crap and roll their eyes, but as a fan, it just justifies my complete dislike of all things The Rolling Stone.

Perhaps they still hold a grudge over the softball game?

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/f...yoffs-20150506
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.